5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dual JL Audio Subwoofers in a Frostbite Box

Seadweller23

Reaction score
I am really happy to complete my JL Audio set up today. I really like the JL Audio Sound! My system really needed some Bass after switching to 5 1/4 speakers in the doors. I was a little worried that dual subs would be a bit overwhelming. They’re not. The subs work well, and I have a nice volume control. Sound N Logic of Rice Lake did a great job putting it in. The key to the sub set up is the Frostbite sealed box. The Bass is really tight! My specs are in my signature if you are interested. Take care... 1591227284402.jpeg 1591227342654.jpeg 1591227284402.jpeg 1591227342654.jpeg 1591227897738.jpeg

Truck1

Reaction score
I just bought the duel 10” frostbite box for my 2020 Rebel. Did you use the AmpPro AP4-CH41
(R.2)? Was it a hard install?

Seadweller23

Reaction score
I just bought the duel 10” frostbite box for my 2020 Rebel. Did you use the AmpPro AP4-CH41
(R.2)? Was it a hard install?

Hello, I did not do the install. I trusted Sound N Logic out of Rice Lake, WI to do it. They had done Ram installs with ANC prior. They used a generic Line Output Converter. Good luck on your install. You picked a good box.

Surfingjeff

Reaction score
I think to get a professional help is a must these days with the circuits cross over head units that run everything else and microphones for noise cancellation . Unless you want to change your profession lol.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I am really happy to complete my JL Audio set up today. I really like the JL Audio Sound! My system really needed some Bass after switching to 5 1/4 speakers in the doors. I was a little worried that dual subs would be a bit overwhelming. They’re not. The subs work well, and I have a nice volume control. Sound N Logic of Rice Lake did a great job putting it in. The key to the sub set up is the Frostbite sealed box. The Bass is really tight! My specs are in my signature if you are interested. Take care... View attachment 58026 View attachment 58027 View attachment 58026 View attachment 58027 View attachment 58031
That looks great!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think to get a professional help is a must these days with the circuits cross over head units that run everything else and microphones for noise cancellation . Unless you want to change your profession lol.
your right at times they are beyond our means.i install my with that "AmpPro".end up taking it to a professional installer.

xxxtreme81

Reaction score
Hello... I'm curious about the sub box fitment. I have a 2020 bighorn quad cab so under the seat space should be the same right.? Frostbites website says no returns, so I just want to make sure before I spend $500 that the box fits properly. I will try to call them tomorrow. Also is everyone that has this box still happy with it.? It looks really nice.

Reactions: aai

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
your right at times they are beyond our means.i install my with that "AmpPro".end up taking it to a professional installer.

hey guys my "WizKid"brother figure out the problem.it was so simple.it was an "Adaptor"harness.got rid of that and ran the speaker wire straight to the "newAmp",,life is good now :LOL: :LOL:

Seadweller23

Reaction score
Hello... I'm curious about the sub box fitment. I have a 2020 bighorn quad cab so under the seat space should be the same right.? Frostbites website says no returns, so I just want to make sure before I spend $500 that the box fits properly. I will try to call them tomorrow. Also is everyone that has this box still happy with it.? It looks really nice.
No, you will need a different Sub box for the Quad Cab. Frostbite makes one, as does MTI, Fox and others. Happy with my Frostbite box.

Reactions: aai

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
I am really happy to complete my JL Audio set up today. I really like the JL Audio Sound! My system really needed some Bass after switching to 5 1/4 speakers in the doors. I was a little worried that dual subs would be a bit overwhelming. They’re not. The subs work well, and I have a nice volume control. Sound N Logic of Rice Lake did a great job putting it in. The key to the sub set up is the Frostbite sealed box. The Bass is really tight! My specs are in my signature if you are interested. Take care... View attachment 58026 View attachment 58027 View attachment 58026 View attachment 58027 View attachment 58031
What Jl subs are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online