5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DU-HA Humpstor

11B4X4

Reaction score
I ordered the DU-HA Humpstor as a solution to my nonexistent utility storage space. I don't have RamBox's, RamBins, or underseat storage. So absolutely no where to store those little things that are nice to have in your truck at all times, for those "just in case situations".

The Humpstor is supposed to mount to the bed rails and fit under a tri fold tonnea cover. I tinkered around with it a bit. Some issues I ran into right off the bat are that the clamps provided do not fit on the Ram OEM bed rails. Possible solution is mounting it to the plastic overhang of the top of the bed. That would work fine with two small holes drilled in the plastic to secure two bolts. i'll also see if i can figure out a way to mount it to the adjustable bed rail attachment points. Second issue is that with the OEM tri fold tonnea cover there is not enough clearance to fully articulate the tonnea locking mechanism on the side of the Humpstor. I'll have to do a little more measuring to see if I can get it to fit right in between the two locking mechanism on that side.

I'm also going to explore the idea of trying to mount it to the front of the bed without drilling.

Overall the end goal is to have it mounted securely, as out of the way of the usable bed space as possible, with the Tonnea cover being fully operational.

I'll follow this up with some more info and pictures once I get a chance to spend some more time installing it.

(Pic from site)
1576678115029.png

Last edited:

11B4X4

Reaction score
Quick update - I installed the Humpstor. Installed just like the picture above, except I have the opening facing in. I did not have to drill anything, luckily. It came with two metal squares that slide into the bed rail and screw from the mounting brackets into the bedrail. Super easy. Feels secure. The package came with a ton of hardware parts. barely had to use any of it. I'll post up some of the finished product later. The only negative is that I won't be able to latch one of locks with my trifold tonnea (not enough clearance for the lock to release), but it will still work.

Overall, so far I am satisfied and has solved my utility storage issue.

jabara572

Reaction score
I need something like this as the quad cab really has you boned on storage space. I can throw whatever i want under the tonneau but...this looks a lot cleaner. How far does it stick into the bed past the wheel well? Kinda looks like I wish it tucked closer to the bed rails.

11B4X4

Reaction score
I need something like this as the quad cab really has you boned on storage space. I can throw whatever i want under the tonneau but...this looks a lot cleaner. How far does it stick into the bed past the wheel well? Kinda looks like I wish it tucked closer to the bed rails.

Yeah, someone dropped the ball on the storage space with the quad cabs...I'll check to see how far it sticks out. There are some limitations in regards to situating the box, if it opens opposite of the picture above the lid will hit when open and not open completely. If oriented like in the picture the front latch will not be accessible, but there are still two side latches. If I had to guess i'd say it sticks out maybe 3-4" passed the wheel wheel well. I also pushed the box as far forward as I can, with just enough room to operate the latch.

11B4X4

Reaction score
11B4X4,

Any update on the humpstor? Are you still using it? Do you think it would fit on the front of the bed?
Sorry for the very late reply. Yes, I still use the box and has held up well. I haven't had to tighten anything. One latch sticks pretty bad but is still functional. I tried to figure out a way to mount it to the front and couldn't come up with a simple and effective way. That was where I would prefer to have it. The box stays dry and works for well for keeping utility equipment in (i.e. jumper cable, tow strap, electric tire pump)

Users who are viewing this thread