5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Sport Performance Hood Bezel

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
Has anyone added the DT Sport Performance Hood Bezel to their 1500? Are you happy with it? Did it require any drilling or hood modification?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like no one explained but you'll need a new hood, a Sport hood.............

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not to mention there is nothing ”performance” about it. It’s just for looks

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
This would require a whole new hood. Not possible to just add the sport bezel to a non-sport hood.
Ask dealer parts guy & he confirmed the part number, ending in 8, is for my stock hood on a 2021 Limited???

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ask dealer parts guy & he confirmed the part number, ending in 8, is for my stock hood on a 2021 Limited???
What is the full part number? We may be talking about two different bezels.

If looking to add this bezel to a non sport hood it won't work.

91S9JYqlZkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes...that's the one. Dealer parts guy said 68402888AB would work.....on stock 2021 Ram Limited.
That will only fit on the sport performance hood. Both types of hoods are available on the Limited. If your hood looks like this it will not work...

Ram 1500 non-sport hood.PNG

Klicht87

Reaction score
It will definitely not work. The sport hood has an indentation where that bezel goes and the regular hood does not. I think AIR DESIGN makes something that could work if you want something similar without buying a new hood.

Biz Jet Tech

Reaction score
I've got a pearl white sport hood and looking to trade it for the standard hood (must be pearl white)

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd like to see some after market bezels for the regular hood, like fake scoops, but google comes up empty. The factory bezels are fugly.

I'm thinking these V6 black out bezels, cut out the 1500 to make a scoop or shark gills

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/