5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Limited cargo lights

superfly

Reaction score
So I hooked up the cargo lights (the ones above the rear window) on my 2021 DT LImited. I did this by reconnecting the cables at the BCM (in Australia these are disconnected when car is converted). But they come on all the time I unlock the car and are very bright. Is there a way to have them permantly off until I press the button on the dash to turn them on? I checked the manual and it just mentions the button. So when I push the button they turn off, but as soon as I open another door they come on again. Thanks.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My cargo light will always turn on as soon I open any door and will turn off after a while if any door is still open, the only way to keep it off unless you turn them on yourself is to turn off your interior light, that should be the OFF button by your map light.

superfly

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for that. I've tried everything and yes unless interior light is off, the cargo lights will always come on. I now realise also that the cargo light button on the dash as turns on/off the lights in the tray as well. As it was a pain to hook them up, I'm going to remove the bulbs.
Only other option I see is to wire in a switch to the 2 cables I had to plug into the loom to get them working in the first place. But I'm unsure as to how to wire in a switch. I'll investigate that whilst the bulbs are out :)
Thanks for the reply!

doctor

Reaction score
So I hooked up the cargo lights (the ones above the rear window) on my 2021 DT LImited. I did this by reconnecting the cables at the BCM (in Australia these are disconnected when car is converted). But they come on all the time I unlock the car and are very bright. Is there a way to have them permantly off until I press the button on the dash to turn them on? I checked the manual and it just mentions the button. So when I push the button they turn off, but as soon as I open another door they come on again. Thanks.
What is the BCM? and where is it on the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread