5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT 5.7l headers

corsair

Reaction score
what is the difference between the oem 5.7l dt header and the mopar performance cherokee 6.4l header? the mopar performace chart says these cherikee headers fir the 5.7 but i cant find any pictures of the oem 5.7l dt header to compare them. i can get a set of the 6.5l headers and down pipe with cats for basically free but if the headers are similar it doesnt make much sense to swap them.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
what is the difference between the oem 5.7l dt header and the mopar performance cherokee 6.4l header? the mopar performace chart says these cherikee headers fir the 5.7 but i cant find any pictures of the oem 5.7l dt header to compare them. i can get a set of the 6.5l headers and down pipe with cats for basically free but if the headers are similar it doesnt make much sense to swap them.
Your best bet is to look up what the number is for the Jeep, and see if that number also fit a truck. Just because it fits the engine, doesn't mean it will fit other vehicles. Even though all 5.7s are basically the same, where parts can be swapped from one to another, they have differences, like different oil pans, for different applications. The headers may have different bends to clear different chassis's.

Users who are viewing this thread