5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DSP upgrade

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
In 2019 when my truck was a few months old I had a system installed that included a rockford fosgate dsr1 mestro dsp w/ Integrated iDatalink that replaced the factory amp. I also no longer have the factory amp. Well, it's time to upgraded to the new down4sound dsp that they just released, but I'm not sure what wire harness I will need. After doing a little reading it looks like the PAC ANC-CH01 might be what I need. Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by factory DSP. There is no factory DSP, just factory amp.

If you don't have the factory amp, I'd just run the PAC unit with optical out add on and go directly to your DSP of choice.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by factory DSP. There is no factory DSP, just factory amp.

If you don't have the factory amp, I'd just run the PAC unit with optical out add on and go directly to your DSP of choice.
1719705402427.png
Yes, I am talking about factory amp, not dsp. Which pack plug are you referring too, because the ANC-CH01 won't work for my truck that came with a factory amp.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score

Is this the plug that I need?

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I have HK system. I am running pac with ch4 plug in. I am sending optical out via pac directly to my dsp, into my amp, and to my aftermarket speakers.

If you don't have the factory amp you don't have the anc chip either, so what would you be bypassing?

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I have HK system. I am running pac with ch4 plug in. I am sending optical out via pac directly to my dsp, into my amp, and to my aftermarket speakers.

If you don't have the factory amp you don't have the anc chip either, so what would you be bypassing?
Good question. I had the factory alpine system and just want to order the right plug instead of wasting money and time doing r&d that someone else did. I don't know if I will run into a roadblock as soon as I pull this dsr1 dsp out and install the new dsp. I have a full down4sound system in the truck, but the dsp wasn't available until now.

My equipment

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Well the amp pac pro plus ch4 harness works with amplified systems, so it should integrate with yours just fine.

Brunzca

Reaction score
The datalink maestro only works with a few specific dsp options (kenwood/audison/arc/audiocontrol). I had one in my first Ram with the kenwood. It was ok, for a first run at a SQ setup, but as already said, if you are looking to upgrade from what you have now, just get the PAC CH-41 that fits your truck, and get whatever dsp you want. Then your options aren’t limited, and you can build out from there in the future.

What amp/amps are you getting to pair with it?

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
The datalink maestro only works with a few specific dsp options (kenwood/audison/arc/audiocontrol). I had one in my first Ram with the kenwood. It was ok, for a first run at a SQ setup, but as already said, if you are looking to upgrade from what you have now, just get the PAC CH-41 that fits your truck, and get whatever dsp you want. Then your options aren’t limited, and you can build out from there in the future.

What amp/amps are you getting to pair with it?
My setup

The DSP that I ordered

Last edited:

Brunzca

Reaction score
My setup

The DSP that I ordered

Nice looking setup!

I'm not too familiar with the D4S line. Looked into a couple of their amps before I bought my Sundown, but that's about it. Obviously too late now, since you've already ordered - but the only other thing I would have suggested is to try and test out the software for the DSP before buying, to make sure it's user friendly (if you're planning to do the tuning yourself). I bought an Audison Forza for my new truck, but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted, so ended up selling it and going back to Helix, since that's what I was more familiar with.. lol. Good luck - a quality DSP can be a game changer!

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
Nice looking setup!

I'm not too familiar with the D4S line. Looked into a couple of their amps before I bought my Sundown, but that's about it. Obviously too late now, since you've already ordered - but the only other thing I would have suggested is to try and test out the software for the DSP before buying, to make sure it's user friendly (if you're planning to do the tuning yourself). I bought an Audison Forza for my new truck, but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted, so ended up selling it and going back to Helix, since that's what I was more familiar with.. lol. Good luck - a quality DSP can be a game changer!
We have a local guy that people fly him all over to tune their vehicles does the tuning. He's linked in with everyone.

Being into car audio since the 90's, I have a lot of knowledge about amps and subs, but not DSP's. This DSR1 is actually my first DSP. I also keep hearing how finicky our trucks are with audio and electrical, so I'm trying to do my research. Audison and Helix make good quality audio.

Users who are viewing this thread