5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drove Limited off the lot - now 2 issues - how to resolve?

midwestguy22

Reaction score
Picked up my truck last Thursday after ordering back in October. 2022 Limited with level 1 equipment/tech package. Everything seemed fine when I drove off the lot. Smooth process. Friday morning I drove out of my driveway onto the street (small curb) and heard a pop noise. The pop noise happens every time I shut the truck off and turn it back on and go over a small bump. It happens only once and then doesn't happen again until the truck is shut off and turned back on. Almost seems like something is popping into place. Service department said they can't find anything. I sent a video of it making the noise. Part of me thinks its the power running boards but I'm not sure. I just want it fixed.

Monday morning I went out to the garage to start the truck with the fob. Didn't work. Couldn't unlock/lock/start. Went and opened the door and then the fob worked. Almost like the truck needed to be woke up. Got in the truck and pulled out of the drive and the Uconnect screen goes black. No heat, no seat warmers, heated steering wheel, etc. I can hear the radio and the drivers electric cluster is working, but the main screen is dead. Called the dealer and took the truck in Monday. Got a call today the service department and they said I have to wait (could be a couple months) for an update and I will have to deal with the electrical issue until then. Asked about sending a new radio and the first person I talked to made that seem like not an option. Talked to a second guy and he said he would look into it.

Seems crazy someone can pay 65k for a truck and immediately have issues that can't be found/fixed. I opened up a case with Chrysler customer care. Any ideas on how to best proceed? I would prefer them to just order a new truck and start over, but one sales manager I talked to made that seem extremely unlikely. I enjoyed the truck for the 3 days I had it.

Thanks

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"wait a couple months"?...with a black screen?... umm, no way is that acceptable. Tell them you want a loaner til it's fixed, or if you have a Lemon Law in your state, let them know that you are going to park it in the lot, and leave it til it's fixed. If it goes over 30 days, you can force them to take it back under the law. That's just crazy that they aren't helping you more. Document everything with traceable e-mails, or letters. Good luck sir.

Users who are viewing this thread