5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drove a Mercedes 250 Van

flyingron

Reaction score
I was in Australia for the past three weeks and in two fo the cities Hertz rented me a Mercedes 250d van. It took me a minute to realize that the thing had many technology similarities with my 2020 1500Limited. It had the surround camera (which I wish mine had, damned trailer mirrors). It had "distronic" cruise control which worked mostly the same as the one in my truck. The one thing I liked about it is it jumped the speed at 10 KPH if you pushed the lever in normal cruise mode. Mine only does this after you hold it down. It has the same blind spot alerts. Neatly, rather than "beeping" on lane departure, it just twitches the wheel three times. Much less annoying.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
What does "jump the speed" mean?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

flyingron

Reaction score
It increases/decreases the set speed by ten each time you push the +/- rather than one like the Ram does. The ram goes up by 5 mph if I hold the button down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/