5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop hitch

cgolacinski

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 1500 bighorn night edition. I just wanted to know if I need a drop hitch at all for towing and if so how much drop? Or if a regular one will work just fine

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it doesn't have the off-road group, then a 3" drop will probably be what you need, but that varies based on the trailer you are towing

cgolacinski

Reaction score
If it doesn't have the off-road group, then a 3" drop will probably be what you need, but that varies based on the trailer you are towing
It does not have the off-road group. Would a 4” be too much?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a 2" drop on my 2019 for most trailers and a straight or lift for real heavy trailers. It all depends on the trailer and tongue weights so an adjustable hitch or multiple hitches is the best bet.

Quint

Reaction score
I have two different hitch sizes based on if I am towing my boat or snowmobile trailer (bigger drop). It all depends on each trailer and whether or not you raised/lowered your ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/