5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRL Power Source Splice or Harness Splitter

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking to add some accent lighting to the front end grill. Ideally it would just run with the DRL LED strips in the head light. This is a low wattage need so I'm considering tapping into the wiring.

Thoughts? Or does anyone know if there is a simple splitter harness to accomplish this?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Haven't seen a splitter harness yet but I spliced into the driver side high beam wire (white/green) for a light bar install I did a few months ago and haven't had any issues yet, although I only had a relay tapped into it which draws a fraction of an amp so there's no real way for the computer to tell if it's drawing to much power. If you're just hooking up the lights directly to the DRL the computer might not like that and think something's wrong if i'ts drawing more power than the computer allows in that circuit.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Didn’t want to repost so I thought maybe someone came up with a solution for this. I have some DRL’s I’d like to come on with the headlight accents. Anyone know which wire or circuit lights these? I checked the wiring diagram post and couldn’t find it. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread