5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRL Function with Supernova v.4 LED halogen replacement

19North5.7

Reaction score
Does anybody know what volts the factory DRL halogen bulb runs at. Supernova claims the high beam/DRL led replace won’t turn on with less than 8 which means there strictly high beam and lose the DRL

Jleeman9

Reaction score
I have the supernova v4 low beams and my DRL work. I believe your DRL’s are just your low beams.

Here’s a picture comparing the two F83304EE-EB7B-432B-8DA5-EE51D51ED673.jpeg

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I have the supernova v4 low beams and my DRL work. I believe your DRL’s are just your low beams.

Here’s a picture comparing the two View attachment 10525
How’d you manage to get those low bulbs swapped without pulling the grill and various front end parts? I got my highs swapped (very simple) but couldn’t get my hands behind the lows even after pulling the air box. Any tips?

Jleeman9

Reaction score
I just followed their install video. basically had to use the tips of my fingers for a lot of it because I couldn’t fit my hands either. It was pretty frustrating and scratched the back side of my hands quite a bit trying to install them. Driver side was definitely harder for me unfortunately

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s more or less what I ran into. There’s that bundle of wires behind the drivers side one that makes it very tough to get to. I’m going to probably have the dealership install mine. Either that or wait until Spring here in the northeast and try again. Not particularly friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread