5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driving in 8TH gear

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they asked in the voting category about "least favorite" the shift limiting thing would be mine. I wish it were a true thumb shifter. That's one thing I miss about my Titan - the ability to instantly select and hold any gear I want, which is pretty useful here in the mountains. On the other hand, the Ram has a lot more gears so it's a little easier for the truck to find one that works a little more seamlessly than the Titan (5 speed).

You think I can modify my RAM and install the paddle shifters back? LOL I will miss those myself.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, just turn the limiter on and set to 8th and mds will shut off

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
In Ram terminology, the gear range buttons are referred to as the Transmission Range Select (TRS) buttons. They are on the lower right side of the steering wheel and have + and - symbols on them.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 4 June 2018. now at 017158 miles

Users who are viewing this thread