5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drivetrain/Transmission issues

2020Rebel13

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2020 Ram Rebel, recently started hearing this horrible noise while driving down the road, doesn’t change pitch or tone when braking or speeding up so I’ve ruled out suspension or brakes. Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Have an appointment with the service center but it’s a month out.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like something is dragging under the truck . I’m at a loss as to what that might be but someone on here may have an idea I’m just not it .

Burnzie

Reaction score
Didn't hear anything, although my wife says I'm deaf .

2020Rebel13

Reaction score
Sounds like something is dragging under the truck . I’m at a loss as to what that might be but someone on here may have an idea I’m just not it .
Nothing under the truck, been under it a dozen times in the past week looking over everything to try to fund the source

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It definitely does sound like something dragging. Since you have ruled out something hanging underneath, my next thought would be possibly a bent backing plate or dust cover rubbing a rotor. Then maybe a driveshaft/axle shaft bearing. You could try lifting all four wheels and putting the truck on jackstands, and then putting it in gear while you have someone listen to each corner of the truck while it is in drive.

2020Rebel13

Reaction score
It definitely does sound like something dragging. Since you have ruled out something hanging underneath, my next thought would be possibly a bent backing plate or dust cover rubbing a rotor. Then maybe a driveshaft/axle shaft bearing. You could try lifting all four wheels and putting the truck on jackstands, and then putting it in gear while you have someone listen to each corner of the truck while it is in drive.
Good idea, going to try that next. Thanks

d21arren

Reaction score
Good idea, going to try that next. Thanks
Did you ever find out what this noise was? I have a similar one coming from the underside of the truck and it is not that noticeable until you get above 18 mph, but very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread