5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's Side Mirror Defroster Not Working

rrbhokies

Reaction score
First frosty morning since getting my truck. Remote started my car with the rear defroster set to on. It's supposed to defrost the side mirrors too, correct? After 6 minutes, I came out and the rear windows and the passenger mirror were dry and clear, but the driver's side mirror was still fully frosted. I'm guessing the defroster is not working and I'll have to bring it in to be fixed. Anyone else have similar issues?

To be sure, the initial quality control issues just keep piling up with this truck.

Moparmad74

Reaction score
I noticed this same thing the last couple of days, remote start and all but the drivers mirror are clear when I get in. After I start to drive it seams to turn on as the drivers mirror clears up in a min or 2 when I take off, like it started working once I truly turn the truck on to drive it?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I noticed this same thing the last couple of days, remote start and all but the drivers mirror are clear when I get in. After I start to drive it seams to turn on as the drivers mirror clears up in a min or 2 when I take off, like it started working once I truly turn the truck on to drive it?
Ok, I noticed that too this morning. It seemed to clear up fairly quickly. I chalked it up to just the air, but maybe you're right. Maybe the defroster isn't engaging when the remote start is initiated. We have several more cold mornings coming up, so I'll keep playing with it and see if I can determine a pattern. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread