5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's Seat Belt Locking All the Time

TrackDay

Reaction score
My 21 Ram driver's seat belt locks so frequently it's causing me some real problems. I've had several Rams before this, including a 19 and it never did it to this extent. I can be just driving down the interstate and want to move my body around in the seat, and the belt will be locked. I have to pull on it 3 or 4 times to unlock it. Just yesterday I was at an intersection that was not a normal 90 deg and I couldn't pull my body forward enough to look behind for traffic before I pulled out. Sometimes I just unbuckle my seat belt, loosen it a little, and rebuckle the belt, but I have to believe something is wrong with my particular truck. Surely if others had the same issue I'd see complaints here?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I do not have that issue on my 2020.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely something that doesn't sound right, I have never noticed mine lock unexpectedly

TrackDay

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I'll see what the dealer has to say.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Mine will do the same thing from time to time, its very annoying.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
This is a huge safety issue. Seat belts are not supposed to lock most of the time, only while turning, braking hard or pulling really hard on them. You have to be able to move in the seat! You need a new tensioner.

Users who are viewing this thread