5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver Side Room

Gnash84

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here. I am looking to purchase a 2019 Ram upgrading in size from my Tacoma. I was wondering if someone could tell me how far back the seat goes. I have an issue with my leg that prevents me from bending at the knee very much. I am about 6’ tall. My dad has a 2010 Ram and the seat does not quite go back far enough for me to switch pedals. It’s pretty close.

Does the seat on the new 2019s go back further allowing the driver more room than on the 2010s? I’ve done some google searches and haven’t been able to find anything on drivers leg room. I am sure for 99%of people it is plenty comfortable. I am a special case because of my condition. Thanks!

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro you will definitely not have any problems. Seat goes back far enough that you won’t even reach the pedals

Nukegm426

Reaction score
I’m 6’3 and I have to move the seat forward to drive comfortably all the way back it swallows me

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best to check one out. I'm 6'8" and I could use another 3 inches if I had it. My knee is at a 90 degree angle when driving so I can't really extend my leg out. Now Ford and GM both have more front leg room. This is one area I wish Ram would address. Ram measures 39" of legroom and GM has the most at 43". When your tall you notice these things, not a deal breaker for me but an annoyance.

Gnash84

Reaction score
My dads measures 21” from brake pedal to the front of the seat with it all the way back. Could someone with a 2019 send me this measurement? I am going to try one out before I purchase I just want to know what to expect. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
Some models have adjustable pedals as well, so be sure that those are set as far back as allowed.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My dads measures 21” from brake pedal to the front of the seat with it all the way back. Could someone with a 2019 send me this measurement? I am going to try one out before I purchase I just want to know what to expect. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
I’ll try to get you this measurement tomorrow. I have the adjustable pedals too and I keep them as far back as possible. I will say though I wish the pedals were further away in these trucks :/

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’m also 6’ tall. With easy entry, seat retracts all the way to get in and out, and I cannot touch the pedals when that happens, so you’ll be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread