5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side mirror moving from closing door? **Resolved**

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
Getting more frequent that I have to adjust the driver's side mirror. Used to be about once a month on my 2021 1500 limited, but now is about every 4 or 5 days.

I assume it is the force from closing the door, but maybe not? Any ideas how I can fix this?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mirror should not move just from closing the door. Take it to dealer while still under warranty to get fixed.

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
Sadly, not under warranty any longer. All the more reason to find a fix that does not end up at the dealer paying $500+

barrak

Reaction score
Found the issue today: My wife uses the other seat setting when she drives. Apparently the mirror not adjusted to my proper view is saved in my seat setting.

Thanks for all the responses!
Yeah... right. Blame the wife! ;)

Seriously, sometimes it's the silliest things that can drive us crazy. My old Subaru once had a knocking/rattling that I spent weeks trying to diagnose, which amplifies when idling. You should see me using a large funnel attached to a screwdriver as a stethoscope. Ran the gambit from injectors to fans, to idler pulleys to lifters to flywheel, ... etc.

Finally gave up and took it to the dealers. They went through their checklist and eventually decided to take down the CVT transmission. During their prep work they discovered a small pebble has somehow found itself into the the bellhousing and was causing all the rattle. Zero cost!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... right. Blame the wife! ;)

Seriously, sometimes it's the silliest things that can drive us crazy. My old Subaru once had a knocking/rattling that I spent weeks trying to diagnose, which amplifies when idling. You should see me using a large funnel attached to a screwdriver as a stethoscope. Ran the gambit from injectors to fans, to idler pulleys to lifters to flywheel, ... etc.

Finally gave up and took it to the dealers. They went through their checklist and eventually decided to take down the CVT transmission. During their prep work they discovered a small pebble has somehow found itself into the the bellhousing and was causing all the rattle. Zero cost!
My wife's old Traverse had a scraping rattling sound from front drivers side wheel. Finally took wheel off and looked around. A squirrel must have dropped a walnut in the steering knuckle and it was rubbing on the hub

barrak

Reaction score
My wife's old Traverse had a scraping rattling sound from front drivers side wheel. Finally took wheel off and looked around. A squirrel must have dropped a walnut in the steering knuckle and it was rubbing on the hub
Living in a mountain home, I had my share of gremlins and invaders in and around the house and vehicles. Tamest, a mouse or two in the footwell. Most common, bears munching at the apple trees. Scariest, a coral snake in the bathroom. My kid observed it till it slunk into a crack in the wall. We had no mouse problems that summer.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Found the issue today: My wife uses the other seat setting when she drives. Apparently the mirror not adjusted to my proper view is saved in my seat setting.

Thanks for all the responses!
All else fails blame it on the wife. I do it all the time. That’s usually spot on.😆

Users who are viewing this thread