5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side headlight issue

ethemartian

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Not sure if anyone has had this issue or any idea what I should do to troubleshoot but need some help.

Almost a year ago i got in the AlphaRex group buy and installed the headlights and upgraded the h7 bulbs to LEDs. Its been working great for the whole time. A week ago my drivers side bulb went out and I thought it was the bulb that went out so I got a new one and all was fine so i thought case closed. A week after replacing the bulb and everything working fine I’m getting the same thing, lights out. The weird thing is that they both turn on at first then drivers side goes off then all lights go off. Could this be a relay or something? Not sure how to troubleshoot this one but doubt i got bad led bulbs twice.

Any help/thoughts is appreciated.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Try replacing the bulbs to incandescent bulbs and see if they work fine. And we'll go from there...

ethemartian

Reaction score
Interesting enough i played around with the option for daylight running lights to on and off in the uconnect and now all seems fine again...

What would this control within the computer? Also weird since no one touched it and it became an issue a year later? And then all was fine for a week with new bulb.

i don’t understand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online