5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side floor mat insert replacement

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any one know if I can buy just the carpet piece of the floor mat? 2020 Longhorn; salt water has gotten the best of the carpet

That sucks. Any tips of cleaning it? Carpet is like rock hard now
I unfortunately don't.
I sold my mats on my Limited soon as I got it which were the same as yours but a differnet color.
I found out they snap out as I was selling them, might of kept them if I knew that for the winter months lol.

On that note you can unsnap them and maybe bring them to someone that cleans carpets and see if it's something you can leave somewhere and get it professionally cleaned.

Wanted to give an update on this.... for anyone else... just spend an hour cleaning the mat... this things are very durable.

My mat was disgusting and rock hard in spots from hundreds of boat ramp trips and salt water.

I used a mixture of boiling water and vinegar to pour on it, and beat on it with a hammer to break up the salt deposits. I poured salt away on the mat and let it set for 5 minutes, then scrubbed the mat with a wire brush, then rinsed with fresh water. I did this 3 times then sucked out of the water with a carpet cleaner. Let it dry over night - and now it looks brand new!

For anyone that does this - and let it get as bad as mine - be ready to get dirty, I was basically slinging mud out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back