5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver side dash speaker cuts in and out

Rebelyen76

Reaction score
I have 1,600 miles on my 2020 RAM Rebel and the driver side dash speaker I’m it’s in and out.

Anyone else have this problem?

If the speaker has to be replaced do they have to take the whole dash out? I have the 12” NAV screen.

Thanks,

Sirswift93

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 1,600 miles on my 2020 RAM Rebel and the driver side dash speaker I’m it’s in and out.

Anyone else have this problem?

If the speaker has to be replaced do they have to take the whole dash out? I have the 12” NAV screen.

Thanks,

Sirswift93
I had the problem for a bit and it drove me crazy. I eventually figured out that somehow my Nav volume got turned way down (no clue how as I never touched it since setting it initially) so every time it would provide guidance the driver side speakers would cut out but because the nav wasn’t loud enough it appeared that the speakers were the problem. I felt like an idiot after trying to diagnose the problem many times but all is good now. That happened to be my situation.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you need to check the speaker or replace it that is simple. Pop the screen with a plastic trim tool and the speaker has two screws. You can check the connection. I’d upgrade those trashy dash speakers anyway. Cheap. Easy. Big difference. But try the suggestion above first.

danchnson

Reaction score
I have the same issue but it appears mine is happening without the navigation issue. I'm gonna explore checking the speaker to see if that a wire may be loose??

Users who are viewing this thread