5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver seat pad cushion

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I have 10k km on my Laramie. I feel like the pad on the left seat side is already being “crushed”. I am 210 pounds and really take care to not slide on the seat when I jump in or go out of the truck. I also feel like I am leaning on the left when on the seat.

Does it happen to anyone here? Is there an aftermarket pad that is made of a more “stiff” foam that can help this?

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
The first week of ownership I felt that cushion bolster was gonna get worked pretty hard. I have adjusted my exit habits to hopefully increase the longevity of the cushion. However, the thing is cheap as heck! Part number 68299842AC with a list of $76.25USD.

*Disclaimer* The above part number is taken from using my VIN which is a 2020 Laramie.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I have 10k km on my Laramie. I feel like the pad on the left seat side is already being “crushed”. I am 210 pounds and really take care to not slide on the seat when I jump in or go out of the truck. I also feel like I am leaning on the left when on the seat.

Does it happen to anyone here? Is there an aftermarket pad that is made of a more “stiff” foam that can help this?
Yup.... I’ve been thinking the same thing now for about 6 months... left side of the seat is starting to feel ’thin’. We’ll see what happens....

jeffauclair

Reaction score
Yup.... I’ve been thinking the same thing now for about 6 months... left side of the seat is starting to feel ’thin’. We’ll see what happens....
Glad to know I am not the only one! I am pretty sure someone is making an aftermarket one. I’ll try to dig

PrairieBoy556

Reaction score
I've owned 3 Rams now and the seats cushions have always been garbage, Im only 175lbs and I too, like the original poster, take care to get off the seat without putting pressure on that left side bolster, but still the padding gets crushed on all the trucks I've owned. I've never had problems with rams but the seats are garbage.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
I've owned 3 Rams now and the seats cushions have always been garbage, Im only 175lbs and I too, like the original poster, take care to get off the seat without putting pressure on that left side bolster, but still the padding gets crushed on all the trucks I've owned. I've never had problems with rams but the seats are garbage.
my dealer said they can change it under warranty. i’ll wait a little and have it swapped

Users who are viewing this thread