5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver seat Leather Tearing

evanxrs

Reaction score
I have 79000km on my 2019 Ram Rebel and the side of the driver's seat is starting to tear. I have side step bars and am cautious when getting in and out not to slide but get my but off the seat.

Any suggested repair options?

Anyone else have this problem?
5b3da7e6cb69e3ef6b2cd8665dde0c48.jpg
f88c3c23afcf2699452ad57520766a25.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that sucks. Hope that’s not a common issue down the road.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks like the Vinyl is delaminating, not the stiches coming apart.

evanxrs

Reaction score
It does. Assuming this would not be a warrenty item. They will blame it on the user I am sure.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wreckm

Reaction score
Its actually ripping from the stitching on this style rebel seat. I have my truck at the dealer getting my driver cover replaced under warranty. It took awhile to get approved but it it!
OP If you are out of warranty just purchase the bottom seat cover and replace

MARTY

Reaction score
Its actually ripping from the stitching on this style rebel seat. I have my truck at the dealer getting my driver cover replaced under warranty. It took awhile to get approved but it it!
OP If you are out of warranty just purchase the bottom seat cover and replace
I noticed my seat ia also pulling apart.I am still under warranty.Will stop at dealer to ask about it.

Rebel-19

Reaction score
Hey guys don’t know if I’m too late to the party here but I’m having the same issue, my rip is a bit worse than the one in the image above but it’s in the same exact spot and I tried fixing it myself with a vinyl repair kit which worked to an extent, it’s fixed for now, but there’s just no way to match the texture they have on the seat bolsters there. Does anyone have the part# for the OEM seat upholstery/cover for the drivers side… don’t need the seat back cover just the bottom. I can’t seem to find it anywhere online and I want to make sure I get the correct black and red one for the 2019. Any help is appreciated.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys don’t know if I’m too late to the party here but I’m having the same issue, my rip is a bit worse than the one in the image above but it’s in the same exact spot and I tried fixing it myself with a vinyl repair kit which worked to an extent, it’s fixed for now, but there’s just no way to match the texture they have on the seat bolsters there. Does anyone have the part# for the OEM seat upholstery/cover for the drivers side… don’t need the seat back cover just the bottom. I can’t seem to find it anywhere online and I want to make sure I get the correct black and red one for the 2019. Any help is appreciated.
Go to mymoparparts.com and do a search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online