5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drive on highway in off-road 2?? Help

Eric2022

Reaction score
Hi everybody quick question as you know with the air suspension once you go over a certain speed it takes you from off-road 2 into normal mode. I want to know if it is possible to lock it into off-road 2 so that no matter what speed you went it stayed in off-road 2. I’m not asking if you think I should do it or if it’s the right thing to do I wanna know if it’s possible and if somewhere in the settings I can do something so that when I go over the certain speed it doesn’t lower the truck like it usually does but rather just stays in off-road 2, thank you. 2019 RAM 1500 Limited.

clazer

Reaction score
There’s no option to do that. Your options are custom links (Revel) or having the sensors recalibrated, but those just trick the truck into being higher in normal mode. You can also put it in off-road mode and pull the fuse that controls the air suspension to freeze it in place.

Ranger

Reaction score
Maybe try activating the jack mode in your vehicle suspension settings. When “on” jack mode blocks the air suspension from changing, but it may be a disabled option while moving or while trans is in drive, not sure, haven’t tried. If jack mode is only selectable in park, put truck in park, raise to OR2, set jack mode, and shift to drive and see if the setting saves while driving. If any of these ideas work, it probably doesn’t save after ignition cycle so you may have to do this every time you head out.

I don’t remember there being an active suspension on/off selection when I originally set all my settings after purchase, but scroll through the dash menus and vehicle suspension settings to see if adaptive suspension can be toggled off

Users who are viewing this thread