5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dripping Exhaust-is this normal?

Keg26

Reaction score
Guys,

I pulled my truck out of my garage into my driveway and noticed my truck was dripping from what appears to be the exhaust. Is this normal? I think it's just water but wanted to check if this is considered typical. I noticed it dripping in two locations in what I think is the exhaust. This is a new 2021 bighorn 1500 with less than 1800 miles.

I'm not all that mechanically savvy so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4772.PNG
    IMG_4772.PNG
    577.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4761.jpg
    IMG_4761.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 83

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys,

I pulled my truck out of my garage into my driveway and noticed my truck was dripping from what appears to be the exhaust. Is this normal? I think it's just water but wanted to check if this is considered typical. I noticed it dripping in two locations in what I think is the exhaust. This is a new 2021 bighorn 1500 with less than 1800 miles.

I'm not all that mechanically savvy so please bear with me.

Thanks in advance!

Muffler yes. I wouldn’t think the bolted flange should leak though. I haven’t seen that flange un bolted. if it’s had a design for that yes. Every flange joint I seen leaks if there is a exhaust leak. Do you feel air at the flange?

Wsmith

Reaction score
Every vehicle I have ever owned has some type of exhaust leak. If you feel it is excessive have the dealer check it out. It should cause no problems.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Condensation can and will leak from the exhaust at various points. I wouldn't worry too much about it

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The weep hole on the muffler is supposed to drip. That's why it's there. The flange shouldn't leak, but I would suspect it's the AC drain dripping and running down it, not a leak.
This is your culprit. I parked my truck today and heard hissing from moisture hitting a hot surface. I looked under the truck, and saw the AC dripping onto the exhaust. Seems like a bad place to have it drip but its not really hurting anything so no big deal. FWIW, I could see water in the same place as the photo, so I'm sure that's what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/