5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreaded hemi manifold leak

PM-Performance

Reaction score
So adding longtubes headers doesn't "uncork" any additional flow? Got it
It is apparent you suffer from reading comprehension.
I said you do not need to tune for exhaust work and that exhaust has nothing to do with parameters that get modified in a tune.
All free flowing exhaust work uncorks power. The point is that exhaust work has nothing to do with tuning and is not needed nor has any relevance to each other.
You CAN tune a stock vehicle if you like, just like you CAN tune a vehicle with headers. The result will be the same regardless that you tune spark/fuel/trans shift points. None of these values change based on the amount of gasses you expel.

**** next you are going to tell me you lost power when your cel is on from removing your cats.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is apparent you suffer from reading comprehension.
I said you do not need to tune for exhaust work and that exhaust has nothing to do with parameters that get modified in a tune.
All free flowing exhaust work uncorks power. The point is that exhaust work has nothing to do with tuning and is not needed nor has any relevance to each other.
You CAN tune a stock vehicle if you like, just like you CAN tune a vehicle with headers. The result will be the same regardless that you tune spark/fuel/trans shift points. None of these values change based on the amount of gasses you expel.

**** next you are going to tell me you lost power when your cel is on from removing your cats.
See my edit.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Saying exhaust work has nothing to do with running tells me you aren't one to be listened to.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Saying exhaust work has nothing to do with running tells me you aren't one to be listened to.
I never said that. Again you do not understand mechanics or tuning in the slightest bit.

Again if you can provide actual data, we can certainly continue this conversation in an intelligent fashion

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never said that. Again you do not understand mechanics or tuning in the slightest bit.

Again if you can provide actual data, we can certainly continue this conversation in an intelligent fashion
I could say the same to you. Provide actual data to support you claim that exhaust flow has zero effect on tuning.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I could say the same to you. Provide actual data to support you claim that exhaust flow has zero effect on tuning.
Have you ever datalogged before? Have you ever tuned before? Have you owned or built something other than a work truck with big tires and rgb lights?
Can you explain how opening your exhaust changes your fueling requirements enough to need to justify changing the values?
Can you explain how opening the exhaust changes spark values?
Can you explain how opening your exhaust changes your maf/map load values?
Do you know what a maf/map sensor is and what it does?

How about this, tag in any reputable tuner you would like to this post and have them confirm what values change by adding headers and what they change in a tune to accommodate for a header install.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever datalogged before? Have you ever tuned before? Have you owned or built something other than a work truck with big tires and rgb lights?

How about this, tag in any reputable tuner you would like to this post and have them confirm what values change by adding headers and what they change in a tune to accommodate for a header install.
There aren't any tuners in this group to tag. And none I know, that would waste their time to join the group just for this topic.

And since you don't know me or what I have/haven't done or owned, I don't want to hurt any feelings.

More flow out, leads to more flow in. If you aren't tuning for increased airflow, then that's just a bad tuner.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
There aren't any tuners in this group to tag. And none I know, that would waste their time to join the group just for this topic.

And since you don't know me or what I have/haven't done or owned, I don't want to hurt any feelings.

More flow out, leads to more flow in. If you aren't tuning for increased airflow, then that's just a bad tuner.
You are clueless. Move on.
Have a great night

Users who are viewing this thread