5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreaded Exhaust Leak

Reaction score
2020 5.7 with the inevitable exhaust leak at 36k on the clock. I just started hearing the leak about 3 months ago, haven't had the opportunity to schedule a service yet. Very recently, i've noticed some surging (almost a bucking) when i first start the truck and start to roll out of my driveway or parking spot. Any relation to the exhaust leak? Pressure issue because of the leak? I know nothing about engine pressure and correlations to an exhaust leak. Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Quick follow up- leaving work yesterday, cold start up, pull out of my parking space and stop at a stop sign in the lot (complete stop). Had the revs bounce up and truck tried lurching forward while i was fully braked. This is starting to sound like it's not exhaust leak related but still looking for advice on the culprit.

Users who are viewing this thread