5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreaded EGR stuck/closed

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So I have a brand new 2021 Laramie. Two days after purchase the CEL came on. Took it in and was told it was an EGR code and it was cleared. A few days later it came on again, took it in was told it was a loose wire that was not plugged in correctly from the factory. Was in the shop for 2-3 hours on Friday 6/10 and was told they performed a software upgrade. Low and behold it came back on this morning.

Went to AutoZone and they plugged the truck into a Innova 5610 got an EGR Code.

Anyone experience the same issue? What was the fix?

Thanks.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. 500 miles on mine. EGR valve stuck closed. Was at the dealership for 6 weeks, but now after it was fixed not one problem. Have 16000 now. This was in the middle of COVID so the 6 week wait shouldn’t have been that long if it was normal times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramjack

Reaction score
I thought these trucks didn't have EGR valves due to VVT? Am I misinformed?

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Mine came on at 80 miles. Been battling it for 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Yes. 500 miles on mine. EGR valve stuck closed. Was at the dealership for 6 weeks, but now after it was fixed not one problem. Have 16000 now. This was in the middle of COVID so the 6 week wait shouldn’t have been that long if it was normal times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did they end up fixing or replacing?

Users who are viewing this thread