5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drama at the Ram Dealer.

corn

Reaction score
I went to the dealer today to pick up my truck and I noticed this thing by the steering wheel. I asked the salesman what it was and he said he didn't know. The sales manager came out and he didn't know either. It was dealer trade and I asked where it came from and they informed me they didn't know. I knew because it was on the sticker. I'm starting to get pissed now. Come to find out it's some kind of tracking device that the original dealer uses because their lot is so big. I decided to pass on this truck. Too much drama. So I pick out this one. it's a little over 3k cheaper. It's a Laramie with the Off Road option. It's has everything the first one had except the 12 inch radio, 19 speaker system, midnight pkg. I'm going to use the saved money on a spray in bed liner, some nerf bars and a tonneau cove but, I might even say the hell with it and get it somewhere else.

The salesman was telling me that they had never seen anyone like me. I guess they thought I was just going to buy the vehicle the way it was. Now.......I'm getting ready to finance 57k. You can bet that everything will be in order before I sign the dotted line. I pissed the finance guy off because he wanted to start everything while all the drama was going on. I told him I wasn't ready. I had a blank check to fill out from Navy Federal and I wasn't ready to give it to him unless I was okay with everything. I eventually told the salesman that I'm here to buy a Truck not to make friends.

Jack Asses!

Attachments

• Device .jpg
    Device .jpg
    140 KB · Views: 152
  • 2nd Ram.jpg
    2nd Ram.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 154
  • First Ram.jpg
    First Ram.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 154
Reaction score
"I'm here to buy a Truck not to make friends."...

No doubt a culmination of life experiences got you to that point, definitely a fitting quote for 2020.

jkm312

Reaction score
I would walk out and not look back.
You hold the all the cards right now and they act like their doing you a favor.
The other side of that is you don't get to grind away either, it's called mutual respect.
What's it going to be when the truck needs service work, and they all do, some more than others.
Sales people are an important part of the equation, but not the ultimate deal.
I insist on walking thru the service department and talking with the "Master Mechanic."
I like the ones who are tired, dirty, grumpy, and don't have time or patience for BS.
Over the life of the truck you may have to spend some time with this person, it's worth it know who they are and how they work.
It's these people who are the glue that hold it all together when it all goes to pieces, and they don't get near enough credit for it.
Ever notice that trucks only break when you are using them?
Having worked in sales for 30 plus years, doesn't take me long to decide if I'm in a well run business.

ncgrl1

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but I read your post twice. I don't understand why your so mad at the dealer???

corn

Reaction score
Well, I got over all the stuff and went back and bought the truck today. It was a pleasant experience. We already had agreed on a price. When I went to finance to get the deal done I found out that they squeezed another $1,000 for my trade. I don't know how that came about but I was happy about it. They all thanked me and I headed out. Grateful it all went down like that. Maybe they all were having a bad day and with the way things are it`s understandable. Sometimes you just have to stay in the moment and let The Big Man works things out.

antwon412

Reaction score
Why couldn’t you just ask them to remove the tracking device at the dealer put on?
you ask them where something was and they said they didn’t know and you got super pissed about it?

unless there’s a lot more to the story it sounds like you’re greatly overreacted and were really upset with them for basically nothing.

corn

Reaction score
Why couldn’t you just ask them to remove the tracking device at the dealer put on?
you ask them where something was and they said they didn’t know and you got super pissed about it?

unless there’s a lot more to the story it sounds like you’re greatly overreacted and were really upset with them for basically nothing.
They weren't the dealership who put it on. I wasn't going to risk it. I was the one who found it. Would you drop 57k on a vehicle that had a device that was going to be removed from by someone who had no idea how it was hooked up ? I know I wasn't. I didn't over react I stepped back and said I don't want the vehicle. Clase closed. I like the truck I chose after the fact better so it all worked out. You can come and buy if you want. 😁

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new truck! I'm glad your second time was better and they even got you a better deal!

Users who are viewing this thread