5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downsizing from 6" lift options

jellyballs

Reaction score
Dilemma: Currently have a Superlift 6" on my 2020 DT bighorn non-air, non-ORP. I have the Billstein 6112s set to 3 (left out spacer that came with kit) and the cheap shocks the kit comes with in the rear with the spacer set to lowest setting (3.5" I believe).
Along with that the kit specifies that it will only work with 20" wheels...so I put on 20x10 -18 and 35/12.5 Ridge Grapplers.
That was all fine and dandy until I just recently moved to a home 12 miles down a washboard rutted out mountain road.

I HATE IT!!!!

The lift was pretty terrible from the beginning with the rattling in the rear...had it looked at and check multiple times and everything is correct. I think it's just the design of the adjustable spacer.
Anyway, I want to go to a BDS/Zone 4" because it says you can run 18's. I want more side wall which I'd imagine would also translate to a softer ride when paired with a load D or E tire unlike the load F I have now. Probably going to run KO2s next time. Also with the 4" I'd be able to run my 6112s on stock setting which I would also imagine translating into a softer ride.

What is the best way to get the softest ride with a lift? (kind of stuck with a true lift since my frame has been cut into I'd imagine?)

Is it more feasible to go back to stock with a level and some 33's or would that probably cost more with finding all the stock parts again.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
What's your tire pressure? Try 40 front and 33 rear. A 4" with 35R18 with mentioned tire pressure should ride pretty good. If you want super plush you'll need a fox DSC or King adjustable compression shock and your looking at $3k+ just for shocks. I don't think you can go back ot a level unless you weld back in the cut pieces in the crossmember or replace it. Ultimately its the tires that are kicking your ***.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread