5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Down grade from f-150

Ramster

Reaction score
What package level? I just got the level 1 with upgrades. I'm perfectly happy, sure I would like to have more but that's less to go wrong.

papac0rn

Reaction score
Hi Manny. Welcome. I find myself in a similar situation. I was diehard Ford owner. I've been through four f150s though the years and just trade my 5 month old 2019 King Ranch for a Larmie quad cab night edition. The KR was the worst Ford I've ever purchased. I had numerous paint flaws, debris, drips and the final straw was the start of the roof paint bubbling off. Ford and my dealer repainted a third of my vehicle twice assuring me a factory finish. Unfortunately it was Ruby Red mettalic and never matched. I escalated to Ford and the dealer even documented 14 pages of paint flaws and all I got was we will repaint it again. The dealer told me to fix it right the whole truck would need repainted. Ford wouldn't budge on a new vehicle and asked me to give them another $7200 if I wanted another KR. I drove my first Ram on Monday and was hooked. With the special incentives I walked out of the dealership with an extended warranty and a check for 6k. Yes it's a downgrade to some extent no sunroof, power running boards or 360 cameras but I can live with it. Love the looks, love the clean modern interior. Just has alot of nice touches. Puts a smile on my face hearing the hemi. Around me the local police all drive Rams too and when I pulled in my mom said wow it looks like one of their vehicles. Made me chuckle.

Looking forward to fun time. May never go back to Ford.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Manny1319

Reaction score
Hi Manny. Welcome. I find myself in a similar situation. I was diehard Ford owner. I've been through four f150s though the years and just trade my 5 month old 2019 King Ranch for a Larmie quad cab night edition. The KR was the worst Ford I've ever purchased. I had numerous paint flaws, debris, drips and the final straw was the start of the roof paint bubbling off. Ford and my dealer repainted a third of my vehicle twice assuring me a factory finish. Unfortunately it was Ruby Red mettalic and never matched. I escalated to Ford and the dealer even documented 14 pages of paint flaws and all I got was we will repaint it again. The dealer told me to fix it right the whole truck would need repainted. Ford wouldn't budge on a new vehicle and asked me to give them another $7200 if I wanted another KR. I drove my first Ram on Monday and was hooked. With the special incentives I walked out of the dealership with an extended warranty and a check for 6k. Yes it's a downgrade to some extent no sunroof, power running boards or 360 cameras but I can live with it. Love the looks, love the clean modern interior. Just has alot of nice touches. Puts a smile on my face hearing the hemi. Around me the local police all drive Rams too and when I pulled in my mom said wow it looks like one of their vehicles. Made me chuckle.

Looking forward to fun time. May never go back to Ford.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

I’m glad you made out good. Yeah I might not go back to ford again. I even had a case open with ford about my truck and their customer service put a really bad taste in my mouth. Even thinking about trading the wife’s Ford Explorer for Durango or grand Cherokee when it comes time, even though it’s been good to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread