5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doors don't close flush...can it be fixed?

Jasonml24

Reaction score
My front drivers side door was horrible and the body shop next to my shop adjusted it for me and it’s perfect now. Both rear doors are terrible at the bottom, but they are telling me there is little adjustment to them and unfortunately they are within spec and I’ll just have to live with it. Again like has been said, it’s the leading edge thing with the rears according to my body guy. My Silverado was way worse.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I will say it makes me feel a little better that other people have this issue....I was starting to worry that my truck was in an accident before I got it, but maybe it's normal. There are a bunch of other things that aren't right with mine and I think I have to work with FCA on it, but hopefully this isn't anything major.

AndreiV

Reaction score
I decided to add a washer to a top hinge on the rear pass door to extend it more outward and level the plain/surface for the end of door. Now rear door is slightly uneven with front door (probably due to front door original adjustment. However, rear door is more flash at the bottom now and hollow sound dissapeared when closing it. Hollow sound (wobbling/bouncing sound) what mostly drove me crazy.

Attachments

• 0319191929.jpg
    0319191929.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 0319191940b.jpg
    0319191940b.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 63

EddieB

Reaction score
Please find the attached specification sheet that the dealer shared with me. If your body panels are not to these specifications than they should fix it like they did mine. By no means is mine perfect but it is so much better than what it was.

All measurements are in millimeters
O/F = overflush
U/F = underflush
U/D = Up/Down
F/A = Fore/aft

Attachments

• 2019rambodypanelspecs.pdf
    456.1 KB · Views: 100

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please find the attached specification sheet that the dealer shared with me. If your body panels are not to these specifications than they should fix it like they did mine. By no means is mine perfect but it is so much better than what it was.

All measurements are in millimeters
O/F = overflush
U/F = underflush
U/D = Up/Down
F/A = Fore/aft
Cool! Thank you!! That's pretty sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread