5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Trim Panel Flaking/Peeling

seabaz

Reaction score
I don't know what to call it. Whether it's peeling or flaking, pick your poison I suppose. 1 week old truck and this morning I noticed an odd spot on my drivers side door trim. First I thought it was just dirty from something and I licked my thumb and tried to rub it off. Stayed the same, and no dirt came off. My arm doesn't come into contact with that part of the door, unless I lean forward with my forehead almost touching the steering wheel so that wasn't it. The spot in question is small but it's one of those: once I've seen it I can't unsee it type of annoyances. Is it something easy to fix, that I can do on my own? Go to dealer? Am I SOL? Thoughts?

Pics:
scuff2.JPEG
scuf.JPEG

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what to call it. Whether it's peeling or flaking, pick your poison I suppose. 1 week old truck and this morning I noticed an odd spot on my drivers side door trim. First I thought it was just dirty from something and I licked my thumb and tried to rub it off. Stayed the same, and no dirt came off. My arm doesn't come into contact with that part of the door, unless I lean forward with my forehead almost touching the steering wheel so that wasn't it. The spot in question is small but it's one of those: once I've seen it I can't unsee it type of annoyances. Is it something easy to fix, that I can do on my own? Go to dealer? Am I SOL? Thoughts?

Pics:
View attachment 178816
View attachment 178817
Have not seen that before.
Could be a manufacturing defect.
Did something maybe bang into it?

seabaz

Reaction score
Have not seen that before.
Could be a manufacturing defect.
Did something maybe bang into it?

The heaviest thing I handle while I'm in the drivers seat is my cell phone. I have a small socket wrench kit but that sits in the back seat and I haven't used it. In sunny conditions it is very difficult to spot. It's easier to do so in lower light and at a distance. It just looks like a lighter colored spot than the rest of the door panel. As if it's dried out or something. I passed over the panel with some Meguiars detailing wipes but it didn't seem to help at all. It doesn't look like it's getting any worse. It's annoying, and I feel like if I do bring it into a dealership they will deny it.

IMG_0356.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread