5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Trim Air Bubble

deese

Reaction score
Have a flaw on my passenger side door trim. There is a small air bubble in it. It is squishy if you push on it. I’d imagine one of these days it is going to peel. Was wondering if those black panels are replaceable.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this applies for 5th gen but I think 4th gen rams you could peel off a wrap or vinyl on those pillars to expose a. Paint or b. Gloss black pillars

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They definitely come off on my 22 Limited, I haven't removed them though.
Appears to be painted metal under it also, I believe the rear one is functional for the rear window (not 100% sure on that) front appears to be 100% cosmetic.
Someone here has taken off both and shown pictures and didn't have any problems.

Burns1200

Reaction score
Yes they are both removable. they are call "Door Applique". They have 3 clips vertically and tape that runs down the front and back and across the bottom. To remove them you need to first remove the belt molding on the bottom of the window. Theres no tape on the belt molding, just squeeze clips. There's a small Torx head screw just inside the door at the B pillars then the molding just lifts up and out from the front (on the front door, pulls out from the back on the back doors). The metal behind is painted but, has holes and indents and is unfortunately not able to be run naked as the 4th gens were.

Users who are viewing this thread