5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door speaker upgrade full range signal

BamsRam

Reaction score
Hi I’m new to the forum so forgive me if this question has been asked in the past. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the 12” Uconnect alpine audio system. I was wondering if there is any way to modify the factory alpine 9 speaker system to play a full range signal to the front door speakers like it does the rear door speakers.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I’m new to the forum so forgive me if this question has been asked in the past. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the 12” Uconnect alpine audio system. I was wondering if there is any way to modify the factory alpine 9 speaker system to play a full range signal to the front door speakers like it does the rear door speakers.
The front speakers gives you most of the bass, do you really want to lose it? the rear speakers don't get near as much bass as the front so i wouldn't recommend tapping into their line, you will lose quite a bit.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swapped out the door/dash speakers of the Alpine system only to end up putting the factory Alpines back in. I have to say Alpine did an Incredible job engineering the audio system configuration for the 5th gen Ram. Iv'e been an aftermarket audio enthusiast for years and the alpine system in this ram hands down Awesome. I can not imagine any other speaker replacement that will improve the overall sound without adding separate amps/processors

BamsRam

Reaction score
The front speakers gives you most of the bass, do you really want to lose it? the rear speakers don't get near as much bass as the front so i wouldn't recommend tapping into their line, you will lose quite a bit.
Well I’m actually planning on doing a full system upgrade with better speakers all the way around but I wanted to see if there was any way possible to get the front to speakers to play a full range signal from the factory amp before I put a 4 channel amp on all the door speakers. The door panels rattle from the factory so I’m going to insulate them with sound deadening material. Once you upgrade the dash speakers you can tell that the alpine speakers really aren’t all that great.

BamsRam

Reaction score
Which dash speakers did you use? I put in the kicker KS series in the dash and plan on doing the same for the doors and it’s hands down way better then the alpine factory dash speakers. I plan on putting an amp on the door speakers and adding a sub box. I was just trying to figure out if there was any way to get that full range signal out of the factory amp first.
I swapped out the door/dash speakers of the Alpine system only to end up putting the factory Alpines back in. I have to say Alpine did an Incredible job engineering the audio system configuration for the 5th gen Ram. Iv'e been an aftermarket audio enthusiast for years and the alpine system in this ram hands down Awesome. I can not imagine any other speaker replacement that will improve the overall sound without adding separate amps/processors

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I did a full system upgrade. Alpine system is crap if you ask me. Too quiet and not enough everything else. New system is required if you ask me. But isn’t the easiest to do in these trucks.

BamsRam

Reaction score
I did a full system upgrade. Alpine system is crap if you ask me. Too quiet and not enough everything else. New system is required if you ask me. But isn’t the easiest to do in these trucks.
I agree I’m planing on doing all kicker. I have already done the dash speakers and I’m going to do the door speakers next. If I can some how find a way to change the front door speakers to a full range signal then I may not need to get an amp for them. Then I can just get an amp for my subs only

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I don’t think you can. May need a device for that to separate the signals.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I ran all new wires to each speaker. Added 3 amps. All speakers replaced and 2 subs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online