5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door sensor not reading.

longhorn1818

Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn about two weeks ago. Didn't have any issues whatsoever. However, I took it to get tinted and since then the driver door is not registering that it is being opened. The running boards won't deploy and the radio stays on even if the truck is off until I open another door. I've noticed that sometimes if I swing the driver door back and forth a couple times it will register and deploy the running boards. Looking for help as to going about troubleshooting this issue. My fear is that some liquid got inside the door panel when the tint was being applied.

Many thanks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn about two weeks ago. Didn't have any issues whatsoever. However, I took it to get tinted and since then the driver door is not registering that it is being opened. The running boards won't deploy and the radio stays on even if the truck is off until I open another door. I've noticed that sometimes if I swing the driver door back and forth a couple times it will register and deploy the running boards. Looking for help as to going about troubleshooting this issue. My fear is that some liquid got inside the door panel when the tint was being applied.

Many thanks.
That would be my guess as well. Maybe it will start working over time as it evaporates. Did you buy chance have windshield tinted?

longhorn1818

Reaction score
That would be my guess as well. Maybe it will start working over time as it evaporates. Did you buy chance have windshield tinted?
I did have eyebrow put on the top of the windshield. It has been 6 days since the tint was first put on and it still isn't working. It has been cold so it may be possible that the moisture is lingering. It would be nice if it fixed itself but I'm not too hopefull at this point.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did have eyebrow put on the top of the windshield. It has been 6 days since the tint was first put on and it still isn't working. It has been cold so it may be possible that the moisture is lingering. It would be nice if it fixed itself but I'm not too hopefull at this point.
Do you park in garage? What are your daily temps. If you park outside and it's been at or below freezing, the water probably hasn't gone anywhere

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reason I asked about windshield, is there is known problem from some who have gotten windshield tinted and water dripping into the BCM. But with just an eyebrow, they shouldn't have used that much water.

longhorn1818

Reaction score
Do you park in garage? What are your daily temps. If you park outside and it's been at or below freezing, the water probably hasn't gone anywhere
No, unfortunately I cannot fit it under my carport so it sits in the sun all day. It has gotten above freezing but only in the 40-50 degree range.

longhorn1818

Reaction score
Reason I asked about windshield, is there is known problem from some who have gotten windshield tinted and water dripping into the BCM. But with just an eyebrow, they shouldn't have used that much water.
Oh okay. Well there is a lead at least. If it was the BCM, would it be possible for it to single out the driver door like that? I'll take a look at it this weekend and test what I can.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh okay. Well there is a lead at least. If it was the BCM, would it be possible for it to single out the driver door like that? I'll take a look at it this weekend and test what I can.
Electronics can be weird sometimes. It's possible, but since you said you can swing door back and forth to get it to register would point more towards door switch.

Users who are viewing this thread