5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Seal Issues?

kmorrow63

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited, and the door seals don't seem to keep the dust out. I was driving down some gravel roads in North Dakota, and you could visibly see the dust coming into the cab, especially the back doors. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a known issue?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited, and the door seals don't seem to keep the dust out. I was driving down some gravel roads in North Dakota, and you could visibly see the dust coming into the cab, especially the back doors. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a known issue?
Door seals leak? In a 5th gen Ram? Preposterous! It must be your imagination. These things seal up tighter than a mylar stash bag in a prison toilet tank. Never heard of seal leaking on one of these. Nope.

Next you will come up with something crazy like your passenger door didn't get a foam cup holder! 🤣

kmorrow63

Reaction score
Door seals leak? In a 5th gen Ram? Preposterous! It must be your imagination. These things seal up tighter than a mylar stash bag in a prison toilet tank. Never heard of seal leaking on one of these. Nope.

Next you will come up with something crazy like your passenger door didn't get a foam cup holder! 🤣

Geez, thanks for sharing. Doesn't look like there is a solution...

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Dang, no water or wind noise issues here just dust....
Yea man, plenty of wind noise and people who complain about dust if they live on a dirt road. Mine makes some wind noise but I use the adjustment knob on my dash to fix it (radio volume). I have thought about gluing the foam in place with black weather strip adhesive to see if that would help. It might but I think the foam seal is just too soft. Well, that is project #478 out of 500 unfinished great ideas around the house that I have to do. I'll get a round tuit one day.

No leaks in the doors but hit that search box for "rear window leak", get ready!

That being said, it is a forum. More people will come to ***** than compliment. The posts here are a tiny tiny fraction of the trucks sold.

kmorrow63

Reaction score
So dust comes in but water does not? Interesting.
Yea, the worst I've had was that fine red dust from western North Dakota. I was looking last night and the seal seems to make minimal contact in a few areas. The worst is the back door where it curves up on the bottom below the hinges. So maybe minimal contact plus vibrations from the gravel road?

kmorrow63

Reaction score
Yea man, plenty of wind noise and people who complain about dust if they live on a dirt road. Mine makes some wind noise but I use the adjustment knob on my dash to fix it (radio volume). I have thought about gluing the foam in place with black weather strip adhesive to see if that would help. It might but I think the foam seal is just too soft. Well, that is project #478 out of 500 unfinished great ideas around the house that I have to do. I'll get a round tuit one day.

No leaks in the doors but hit that search box for "rear window leak", get ready!

That being said, it is a forum. More people will come to ***** than compliment. The posts here are a tiny tiny fraction of the trucks sold.
68k miles and no back window leak yet on my 19'🤞🏻

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello there,

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you contacted your Ram dealer at any point to have this concern addressed, or to determine if there are any underlying issues? If you choose to go that route at any point, do know that our team is available via private message and are happy to provide an additional layer of support alongside the dealer.

Lex
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread