5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Panel not stay in housing

Kyzeebomb61

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I own a 2019 Bighorn. Was cleaning the interior and noticed that I can essentially lift off my driver side rear door panel off without any trouble whatsoever, I went to the dealership and they said it’s not covered under warranty ( I have extended warranty ) it’s a $800 fix which is a whole new door panel they said. I am wondering if there’s anything I can do to make the door panel sit in the housing myself if anyone has a suggestion.

Attachments

• E491B405-943E-434C-9C20-6FE1EFC48788.jpeg
    E491B405-943E-434C-9C20-6FE1EFC48788.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 95525A8E-4034-446F-BEF1-F10342CB03E7.jpeg
    95525A8E-4034-446F-BEF1-F10342CB03E7.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 51

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like it just needs snapped back into the clips. Not sure why you would need a whole new door panel

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you owned the truck for a while? That's not something that would just happen, so if you bought it used I would suspect someone already had that panel off.

I don't know if the rear panels are the same, but the front panels have a screw behind the pull handle that has to be removed before you can slide the panel up (after the clips have been released, obviously)

Kyzeebomb61

Reaction score
Looks like it just needs snapped back into the clips. Not sure why you would need a whole new door panel
It will not clip into the housing, its as if the clips are too small for the housing and will not snug in

Kyzeebomb61

Reaction score
Have you owned the truck for a while? That's not something that would just happen, so if you bought it used I would suspect someone already had that panel off.

I don't know if the rear panels are the same, but the front panels have a screw behind the pull handle that has to be removed before you can slide the panel up (after the clips have been released, obviously)
I bought it used this year in January. I suspect someone did take it off as well because nothing is really lined up

Kyzeebomb61

Reaction score
If the clips aren't holding, pull the panel off and put some double-sided foam tape in strategic spots, like adjacent and around the clips. Then reassemble it. I'd gamble six bucks against an $800 repair bill.
The only unfortunate thing about this is that I do not want to have a visible gap between the door and door panel

Kyzeebomb61

Reaction score
If you bought it in January, and are just noticing this quite large gap, you wont ever notice the "gap" produced by double sided tape.
As I said, the gap you see in those photos are only when pulling the panel. Have tape would create a permanent gap. Looking to make the panel snug into the housings

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are many times when door panels need to be removed to do a repair inside the door. Usually, a new door panel is not needed. Perhaps the dealer's technician has determined that the door panel is broken where the clips attach to the panel and that is why they are telling you that a completely new panel is needed. I would purchase some of the clips that ZombieSlayer mentioned above, remove the panel and see if only new clips are needed. If the panel itself is broken, you might be able to use something like JB weld to resecure the clips to the panel.

Kyzeebomb61

Reaction score
There are many times when door panels need to be removed to do a repair inside the door. Usually, a new door panel is not needed. Perhaps the dealer's technician has determined that the door panel is broken where the clips attach to the panel and that is why they are telling you that a completely new panel is needed. I would purchase some of the clips that ZombieSlayer mentioned above, remove the panel and see if only new clips are needed. If the panel itself is broken, you might be able to use something like JB weld to resecure the clips to the panel.
Maybe, I’ll get to it tomorrow perhaps and I’ll let you know. Thank you for the info

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had my door panels off a few times and they require a good amount of force for the rear panels to clip in place. Give the panels a few good whacks with the side of your fist or palm of your hand and maybe they’ll snap into place.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
you can also pick up those clips at places like autozone. hard to imagine a new door panel is the answer. looks like you are on the right track and hope it works out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread