5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door open while in gear?

Klute

Reaction score
Ever want to back into an area and want to open door to have a look and the truck locks up? I realize this is a safety thing, but it's kinda frustrating. Any way to disable?

M

Mdegen93

Ever want to back into an area and want to open door to have a look and the truck locks up? I realize this is a safety thing, but it's kinda frustrating. Any way to disable?
It disables this feature in 4LO

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it also do it in forward gear?
I'd have to sue them if someone was carjacking me and I tried to drive off to get away and the truck stopped :p

[EDIT] Speaking of .. do these rigs also stop if you try to drive off without the FOB ? I know my R/T does .. so I could be like .. here ya go .. and when they try to drive off it stops.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I've only noticed this if my seatbelt is off.

Maple

Reaction score
Does it also do it in forward gear?
I'd have to sue them if someone was carjacking me and I tried to drive off to get away and the truck stopped :p

[EDIT] Speaking of .. do these rigs also stop if you try to drive off without the FOB ? I know my R/T does .. so I could be like .. here ya go .. and when they try to drive off it stops.
Nope. You can drive it as far as you want away from the fob. Just don't turn it off. :D

Klute

Reaction score
I guess I will have to switch to 4LO and/or really trust the backup camera and sensors. I hate when the sensors go off and you really aren't that close. (I know I could just turn them off)

I remember the Star Trek guy getting pinned to a fence or something.

Thanks for the info folks!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I will have to switch to 4LO and/or really trust the backup camera and sensors. I hate when the sensors go off and you really aren't that close. (I know I could just turn them off)

Yeah it pinned him, didn't feel like explaining, running over was easier.

Rick J

Reaction score
I've found that I can back up fine with the door open as long as I have my seat belt fastened.

seadragon

Reaction score
What about just sticking your head out of the window? Dogs do it all the time. LOL

Derek

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread. It should help you out.

From the owner’s manual:

SafeHold
SafeHold is a safety feature of the Electric Park Brake System that will engage the park brake automatically if the vehicle is left unsecured while the ignition is in ON/RUN.
For automatic transmissions, the park brake will automatically engage if all of the following conditions are met:
• The vehicle is at a standstill.
• There is no attempt to depress the brake pedal or acceler-ator pedal.
• The seat belt is unbuckled.
• The driver door is open.
SafeHold can be temporarily bypassed by pushing the Electric Park Brake Switch while the driver door is open. Once manually bypassed, SafeHold will be enabled again once the vehicle reaches 12 mph (20 km/h) or the ignition is turned to the OFF position and back to ON again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runamuck

Reaction score
there are vendors that sell seat belt ends to plug in so as to defeat the autolock for less hassle when hooking up a trailer etc.

wwalljr

Reaction score
First time this happened to me was a WTF moment, but realized it’s probably there for a safety reason. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score

You can adjust your sensors in the uconnect panel thingy. I have not tried this yet. Instead, I let it beep and have gotten out a few times to see the distance, then got back in to adjust accordingly. Now when it beeps I know I am 6" away and can move forward 2-4 more inches to get little closer if needed. This has worked for me in "trusting the beeps" kinda like me human accepting computer's word...slow learned relationship.

I should probably adjust the sensors to see how many inches each allows. From memory I think there is 3 levels to adjust.

Mason1217

Reaction score
there are vendors that sell seat belt ends to plug in so as to defeat the autolock for less hassle when hooking up a trailer etc.
Just plug the seatbelt in behind your back. No autobrake, free easy solution ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/