5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door lock when driving

Wsmith

Reaction score
I know that locking doors are common in most vehicles. My question is what prompts the doors to lock, is it speed, gear selection or something else. Sometimes my doors lock as soon as I turn onto the street, other times it might be a mile down the road. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when it auto locks. I am not concerned with it, it's no big deal, I'm just curious.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree it does seem to have a mind of its own sometimes. Typically it is done after a certain speed.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's based on speed. The auto-lock doesn't happen until 15 mph which might seem like it has a mind of its own.

My last truck the auto-locks happened at 5 mph so it always locked right after leaving my driveway. Since I live on a 15 mph street sometimes my doors won't lock until after a block or so.

Page 562 from the owner's manual:

Auto Lock.jpg

Last edited:

Wsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, it makes sense. The problem must be my seriously stupid truck. I have noticed in the past the inconsistency in this function, as I said it doesn't concern me, but this morning I left my driveway turned onto the main road, was doing 35-40 for approximately six blocks when the lock kicked in. This oddity happens regularly. Sirius would not load this morning I got annoyed and switched to am. Could the u-connect be what is causing the irregular function. Sometimes I feel like they do lock at about 15mph, but probably 25 to 30 percent of the time it is after I have been driving awhile. Again no biggie just odd.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, it makes sense. The problem must be my seriously stupid truck. I have noticed in the past the inconsistency in this function, as I said it doesn't concern me, but this morning I left my driveway turned onto the main road, was doing 35-40 for approximately six blocks when the lock kicked in. This oddity happens regularly.
Have you turned off the setting and then re-selected it? I would run around for a couple of days with it in the OFF setting and then put the setting back to where you want to see if turning the option off then back on re-sets it.

Sirius would not load this morning I got annoyed and switched to am.
You can send a refresh signal from your owner's account at Mopar.com for SiriusXM. Mine disappeared one day, I went on-line, sent a refresh signal, and 15 minutes later satellite radio was back.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Have you turned off the setting and then re-selected it? I would run around for a couple of days with it in the OFF setting and then put the setting back to where you want to see if turning the option off then back on re-sets it.

You can send a refresh signal from your owner's account at Mopar.com for SiriusXM. Mine disappeared one day, I went on-line, sent a refresh signal, and 15 minutes later satellite radio was back.
I will try turning it off, It doesn't really bother me it's just weird. My Sirius periodically wont load, I just switch sources. The next time I start it will load fine, again just weird.

Users who are viewing this thread