5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Lock/Key Fob Issue on 2013 Ram 1500

Curley

Reaction score
Hello, all...

Over the weekend, I discovered a problem with one of the key fobs on my 2013 Tradesman. When I unlocked the pickup using the fob, the doors and tailgate would all unlock as usual, but then lock on their own after ~10 seconds. Then, the lock mechanism would click every few seconds for a short period (i.e. try to lock again without any input). If I subsequently tried to unlock the pickup with the fob, the locks would not respond but the lights would flash as usual. So, I had to unlock the driver's door using the emergency key hidden in the fob, then try to unlock everything else using the interior button (which would engage about half the time).

I replaced the batteries on both key fobs, with no apparent effect on function; one continued to give the problems described above while the other continued to work fine. As far as I know, both fobs are original to this pickup, and the other day is the only time I've replaced batteries. Have any other 4th-gen owners experienced a similar problem; and if so, how did you address it? An existing thread on another forum suggested cleaning off the contacts on the green circuit board inside the fob, underneath the buttons. I have not yet tried this, pending further research.

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/