5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door key?

flyfingers

Reaction score
So I have a question that I seriously hesitate to ask as I fear I will be instantly schooled and more than likely, feel pretty dumb once it's answered but whatever.

My '21 Bighorn came with two remotes and no keys yet there is a key hole / slot in the driver's side handle. So...... is there a key somewhere?

(Man I don't want to hit the "post thread" button)

arptsprt

Reaction score
The key is in the fob. I don’t have my fob in front of me, but on the silver end if I recall there is a knurled button on the side of the fob and that unlocks the key then pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't feel bad - I saw the same thing and was like where is this damn key. I knew it had to be in that fob (little side button had to do something) but couldn't figure it out until one day I was just sitting here and picked it for one final press...and magic. LOL!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't feel bad - I saw the same thing and was like where is this damn key. I knew it had to be in that fob (little side button had to do something) but couldn't figure it out until one day I was just sitting here and picked it for one final press...and magic. LOL!
Don't feel bad, I think about 90% of us didn't read the manual asked someone(salesman?) where the key was.

Skater

Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all in my opinion. Now . . . do you know how to start a pushbutton RAM when the battery in the FOB goes dead? o_O

Grouper

Reaction score
If you got the cargo management package, you should have 2 keys somewhere and those also fit in the door locks.

Eureka! When Craig at Koons did my acceptance walk around, he told me the "traditional" key was unique only to the bed extender/divider and that only the key housed in the fob would unlock the driver's door and the RamBox lids.

I specifically recall my incredulous reaction to this. It seemed to make no sense that FCA would design things in this manner but I accepted Craig's information.

After reading the above quoted, I ran out to the truck to investigate. Lo and behold, the traditional key fits the driver's door, RamBox lids AND the bed extender.

Reactions: TAK

Tidewater Ram

Reaction score
The key in my fobs also fits the bed divider (I have the RamBoxes with cargo management system). First vehicle I’ve ever owned that came with 4 keys!

Grouper

Reaction score
So I have a question that I seriously hesitate to ask as I fear I will be instantly schooled and more than likely, feel pretty dumb once it's answered but whatever.

My '21 Bighorn came with two remotes and no keys yet there is a key hole / slot in the driver's side handle. So...... is there a key somewhere?

(Man I don't want to hit the "post thread" button)

Dear Lord baby Jesus or as our brothers in the South call you "hey suz" - please let this thread go away for ever and ever. Amen.

If you're suffering some kind of personal embarrassment from the this thread, you can save yourself future anguish by first referencing the book of answers that came with your truck.

EK1.jpg

EK2.jpg

saylor

Reaction score
in case all those words ^^ dont say it, when none of it works and the fob is out of batteries you are supposed to hold the fob on the pushbutton start button and push to start WITH the end of the fob and not your index finger. and its supposed to start. im not looking forward to it.

Grouper

Reaction score
in case all those words ^^ dont say it, when none of it works and the fob is out of batteries you are supposed to hold the fob on the pushbutton start button and push to start WITH the end of the fob and not your index finger. and its supposed to start. im not looking forward to it.

These words say it :)

EK3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread