5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door entry scratch guard/shields - Look sharp!

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Not sure you'd call this an accessory, but I installed my Red Hound door entry scratch shields on Saturday after cleaning the inside and outside of the #allblackdodgeram!! (yup, I know).

It came out just like the Amazon pictures. One word of advice, when you try and install the "sticker" is to take a piece of chalk and mark where you can see your door sill, under your closed door. I installed one on my driver's door and then could see just a small section sticking out, when the door was closed, looking at it from the outside. It drove me crazy enough to peel it back off (not that hard, in retrospect) and reapply it a tick higher up.

The driver and passenger doors were a bit harder, as you have multiple "stairs" to get the bubbles out. Just keep working out the bubbles and I used a pin in many places to let the air out and then squeegee down. Overall, I'm impressed. I meant to put these on right when I got the truck, but it was winter and I don't have a big enough garage to install them in. So, of course, my Golden Retriever ramrodded his way into the truck when I had it on OR1 and scratched the crap out of the driver's side passenger door sill. Now, it is covered up!

FYI...not a bad thing for $33...$8.25ish a door. Better than all my boot marks hitting the door sill.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the same, installed the 2nd week of ownership after seeing some scuffs in that area pretty quick. I have gotten many compliments on them too. People always ask if it was sprayed on bed liner. Tough material, but easy install, works great.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I used PPF on mine. Runs from front to back so covers the whole sill. Got all 4 done for 20 bucks as she was already installing it on my vehicle already.

YellowSled

Reaction score
reviews say you can see the tape when the door is closed. might not be noticeable on a black truck, but with a lighter truck it may be obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread