5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door dings

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a switch that needs to be installed in order to do that?
Is there a switch that needs to be installed in order to do that?
Your signature says you have a Bighorn. It was my understanding that only the Limited came with the power boards. You have the power boards? If so, it's in the controls window in the Uconnect system. There is an option to deploy the running boards. I park then use the option to deploy them so they stay out when I exit and close the door.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't checked lately, but when I ordered my 2019 Laramie last July, they were an option on the Laramie depending on what option packages were ordered.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't checked lately, but when I ordered my 2019 Laramie last July, they were an option on the Laramie depending on what option packages were ordered.
Ahh. So it's possible Joeyp has power boards.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your signature says you have a Bighorn. It was my understanding that only the Limited came with the power boards. You have the power boards? If so, it's in the controls window in the Uconnect system. There is an option to deploy the running boards. I park then use the option to deploy them so they stay out when I exit and close the door.
Theyre not on my truck...I opted to put on the AMPS instead....Thank you though

09Patriot

Reaction score
Don't park beside 2 door cars or 4 door fullsize cars as they have bigger doors. Park far away but drop the wife off at the door so she won't have to walk and yell about how far away you are.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Don't park beside 2 door cars or 4 door fullsize cars as they have bigger doors. Park far away but drop the wife off at the door so she won't have to walk and yell about how far away you are.
Yep. I do this also...

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
He has aftermarket (AMP). That’s why I said I didn’t know how to keep them deployed (mine are stock).

Cheers,

sylvan oaks

Reaction score
I always park all by myself if possible and walk. Well couple years ago I parked like 4 cars away from the furthest one out. Guess what, a semi hit my rear quarter panel, while he was jacking around trying to get turned around in the empty lot.

macallien

Reaction score
I feel for you. That's why I park on the ends whenever I can (and far away from building entrances, etc, since the majority of people are lazy).
If I find myself with no choice, I put my truck in OR2 and keep the steps deployed to get some protection from other vehicles, and in the event that I do, I want it to be as low on the body as possible. Thankfully not dings as of yet.
the steps stay deployed even with the car off? how do you do that?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Through UConnect. There's a setting to keep them deployed when doors are closed. Once the truck is put into drive, they go back up and operate like normal.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go into controls option on 12" and hit deploy steps before shutting down. They will deploy and stay that way until you reenter truck.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also easier to wash the steps this way, as opposed to opening the door over and over...

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I got my first door ding about a week and a half ago. I was at the dump and something fell out of a dumpster and hit my rear passenger door and left a ding. Called my sales guy, he hooked me up with the PDR guy the dealership uses, and this guy completely made it disappear. You can't even tell anything was ever there. Cost me $100, but I have $0 comprehensive deductible on my insurance (I go through a lot of windshields out here in neverland) so I'll get whole. The ding was just below the body crease in the door, and the PDR guy said he was just barely able to get at it from the window opening. Any further down he said he would have had to use one of the door grommets on the side of the door.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I got my first door ding about a week and a half ago. I was at the dump and something fell out of a dumpster and hit my rear passenger door and left a ding. Called my sales guy, he hooked me up with the PDR guy the dealership uses, and this guy completely made it disappear. You can't even tell anything was ever there. Cost me $100, but I have $0 comprehensive deductible on my insurance (I go through a lot of windshields out here in neverland) so I'll get whole. The ding was just below the body crease in the door, and the PDR guy said he was just barely able to get at it from the window opening. Any further down he said he would have had to use one of the door grommets on the side of the door.
A good PDR guy is priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread