5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door/center arm rests

Chazulson

Reaction score
I did some searching but couldn't find anything specific on this. What are you guys using to keep the drivers side arm rest and center console arm rest clean? I have a 2020 Big Horn, not sure what the material is but for whatever reason it seems to almost stain after resting an arm them. I don't have crusty *** elbows or anything, but it seems like every time I get out I need to wipe the surfaces down so I don't see little white marks all over. Curious if anyone else has run in to this.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I did some searching but couldn't find anything specific on this. What are you guys using to keep the drivers side arm rest and center console arm rest clean? I have a 2020 Big Horn, not sure what the material is but for whatever reason it seems to almost stain after resting an arm them. I don't have crusty *** elbows or anything, but it seems like every time I get out I need to wipe the surfaces down so I don't see little white marks all over. Curious if anyone else has run in to this.
Weird... I don't get that on mine... I think it's vinyl... I found that a damp microfiber cloth works best and clean it real nice.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys interior cleaner and then their VRP to wipe down the interior, seems to work pretty good esprecially on the center arm rest.

Chazulson

Reaction score
I use Chemical Guys interior cleaner and then their VRP to wipe down the interior, seems to work pretty good esprecially on the center arm rest.

I'll give these a shot, the VRP solution looks interesting and it might be just what I'm looking for, thanks!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the bench seat and this may not be the solution you are looking for but I use a hand towel and fold one corner under the towel. It forms a 45 degree angle and I am able to place it so the angle starts next to the cup holder. I can still use the cup holder that way and the center console and surrounding cloth stays clean. I also found a brush that fits in the door pocket and I am able to keep the floor clean with a few quick swipes.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the bench seat and this may not be the solution you are looking for but I use a hand towel and fold one corner under the towel. It forms a 45 degree angle and I am able to place it so the angle starts next to the cup holder. I can still use the cup holder that way and the center console and surrounding cloth stays clean. I also found a brush that fits in the door pocket and I am able to keep the floor clean with a few quick swipes.

Alptbird

Reaction score
I have always kept a microfiber cloth and a terry cloth in my trucks, right now I have the terry cloth laid on the center arm rest to prevent the same thing as what the OP described. You never know when you will need either cloth. Pull up to F-Food window and it is raining, sitting at a light and bird poops on you car, bug smacks dead center of the drivers view but the rest of the windshield is clean... if the towel is clean I use it. That and Texas heat, i don't like pealing flesh of the arm rest, so a terry cloth towel works for me...

Chazulson

Reaction score
I have always kept a microfiber cloth and a terry cloth in my trucks, right now I have the terry cloth laid on the center arm rest to prevent the same thing as what the OP described. You never know when you will need either cloth. Pull up to F-Food window and it is raining, sitting at a light and bird poops on you car, bug smacks dead center of the drivers view but the rest of the windshield is clean... if the towel is clean I use it. That and Texas heat, i don't like pealing flesh of the arm rest, so a terry cloth towel works for me...
Lol that's a pretty simple but effective idea. I'm just surprised at how easily the material seems to get grimy I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread