5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't Tow With Ford Ad

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Somehow the DVR got caught up last night and had to watch a Ford commercial. The commercial was all about towing so they showed lot's of Ford's towing all kinds of things to the tune of "East Bound and Down". But the funny part was the legal warning at the beginning at the bottom of the screen, "Do not attempt." I LOL'd since there was nothing I saw in the commercial that looked overloaded in any way.

Here they are touting towing capability but their lawyers advise you not to attempt anything close. Great ad strategy.

Here it is:

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Ha, Ha Aside,

That is a neat commercial, I'm a sucker for any company that goes back to the Heritage advertising, Like when Dodge had those Dodge Brother's Commercials with Horace and John

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As for throwback advertising, with some companies, that's about all they have left. They're a ghost of what once made them great.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Dude, this thread renewed my faith in humanity (for the day).

If you peruse the Ford forum, they're doing a lot of b***hing, whining, and complaining. Around here, folks are more open-minded about other truck brands, and can appreciate a good commercial for what it is, not judging it on the brand it's pushing. Their biggest complaint about RAM winning truck of the year was that they thought it was solely based on the interior (which is phenomenal) and not the comparable capability, safety, and better tech in the RAM.

That said, I believe the lawyer's warning is about driving in a convoy like that, not towing with a Ford. FWIW, on the Ford forum they checked the new Expedition ad where it's got a full complement of passengers AND a heavy-*** trailer behind it... yeah THAT is overloaded by a lot!

Thanks for being kind to each other! Also, I love my new RAM!

-John

klail

Reaction score
Dude, this thread renewed my faith in humanity (for the day).

If you peruse the Ford forum, they're doing a lot of b***hing, whining, and complaining. Around here, folks are more open-minded about other truck brands, and can appreciate a good commercial for what it is, not judging it on the brand it's pushing. Their biggest complaint about RAM winning truck of the year was that they thought it was solely based on the interior (which is phenomenal) and not the comparable capability, safety, and better tech in the RAM.

That said, I believe the lawyer's warning is about driving in a convoy like that, not towing with a Ford. FWIW, on the Ford forum they checked the new Expedition ad where it's got a full complement of passengers AND a heavy-*** trailer behind it... yeah THAT is overloaded by a lot!

Thanks for being kind to each other! Also, I love my new RAM!

-John
You're right! This is a great community to be a part of.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Par for the course. Ford Legal seems to call a lot of shots, this commercial, and many nanny-state lockouts within their infotainment system that kill enjoyment and convenience. It's so bad that aftermarket hacking tools have been developed to help people defeat the dumbshit. Ford has forgotten what it means to create fun and convenience for the owner.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember the ads for the new Ram 1500 in 2002 with the "there's a new Mayor of truckville" and 'yeah, its got a hemi" ? Too bad FCA didn't have Sam Elliott as spokesman when our 2019 Ram 1500's launched as his voice is so bad a$$ !

Users who are viewing this thread