5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't pay the dealer $300 to change your fuel filter!

daustin

Reaction score
I had my HPFP replaced per the recall in April and I previously read that you need to change the fuel filter at every oil change interval. The dealer did not give me any updated information on this, but I figured it would be good to do anyway. I have just over 17,000 miles and am due for an oil change. I called to make an appointment for that and asked the dealership how much they would charge to change the fuel filter. They said $297! They said $100 to just drain the water! $100 to turn a valve three turns! Screw that. The filter is $95 from the dealer parts counter and it took about five minutes to change myself. Ten minutes if I count putting the tools away and washing my hands. The only tools you need are a 1 1/8" socket, ratchet, drain pan, and some shop towels.

2020RamOwner

Reaction score
Can get the filter even cheaper online. All service departments try to scam anyone and everyone every chance they get.

Users who are viewing this thread