5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't order from AmericanTrucks.com

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered my tonneau cover from RealTruck.com two weeks ago. I ordered on Sunday and received it on Thursday. Got the TonnoPro Hard Trifold cover.

FYI ... TonnoPro customer service is non-existent. My cover was missing a foam seal. Called their customer service ... was told to go on their website and fill out the Contact Us form. I've filled out the online form twice in the last two weeks and nothing.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting that people are saying realtruck, autoAnything, and tonneaucoversworld are good. They all have under 2 stars for reviews except for on their site. Reading yelp reviews, I saw a couple mentions that orders through realtruck were shipped from tonneaucoversworld. I never realized it would be this hard to find a reputable company for truck accessories.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've ordered from all of those places above. No issues. But of course, I've bought new, because buying used, you don't know what is missing in the box.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've ordered from all of those places above. No issues. But of course, I've bought new, because buying used, you don't know what is missing in the box.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
That's good to know. I just ended up ordering some N-fab running boards and a gator efx trifold tonneau cover from Amazon because their return process is so easy. A pleasant surprise was that both should be here Tuesday.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMHO stay away from Autoanything...poor customer service, returns are a nightmare even if it is delivered damaged to your house by UPS/FEDEX while you're gone. I had a bad experience with them back in 2005 and will NEVER order from Autoanything again. Virtually everything they stock, as well as realtruck.com and tonneauscoverworld.com can be ordered from Amazon and their returns policies are far superior.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I've ordered a few things from real truck, including a tonneau cover (new) with no issues. Never ordered from autoanything. One bad experience from CARID for trying to return my warped weathertech bug deflector months ago and they never completed the return process for me to send it back. No place is perfect but some could be better.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've ordered a few things from real truck, including a tonneau cover (new) with no issues. Never ordered from autoanything. One bad experience from CARID for trying to return my warped weathertech bug deflector months ago and they never completed the return process for me to send it back. No place is perfect but some could be better.
I second (n) for Carid, sent an old model bed mat for the new model Ram and it looked like :poop: also. No response back from Carid or Westin.

jessed1

Reaction score
It's interesting that people are saying realtruck, autoAnything, and tonneaucoversworld are good. They all have under 2 stars for reviews except for on their site. Reading yelp reviews, I saw a couple mentions that orders through realtruck were shipped from tonneaucoversworld. I never realized it would be this hard to find a reputable company for truck accessories.

My gator efx was shipped from UnderCover... I only found this out because the FedEx notification said I had a package coming from UnderCover.

I had ordered a bedrug from GATOR at the same time I ordered my Gator EFX. After it was delayed again for 2 weeks, I canceled it (will go spray-in first). The support ticket for the cancellation of the bedrug was opened with RealTruck (I cancelled on GATORS website). Seems they are all linked somehow.

Jhncrwfrd

Reaction score
I see that this is an older thread, but I agree. American Trucks is a trash company with **** POOR / NO customer service. I willingly paid full price for a Diablo sport tuner & PCM swap. Has been a nightmare. They don't tell you that you have to go to the holley website for the PCM... Says "in the box" on their site. Then Holley has them on backorder. I do recommend Livernois. Real customer service from an American company

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also had a hard time with Real Truck recently. Two year old running boards with a supposed lifetime warranty were rusting and they told me to pound sand because that model (which was their Ionic house brand) wasn't made anymore. Also had the luck of the draw when calling in, twice, to speak with a young kid who was the rudest most unprofessional @$$ I have ever spoken to.

I ordered from Raptor Series (.com). Talked directly with one of the sales managers. 100% recommended the service and product. See my sig and avatar for the new boards.

Last edited:

zvette405

Reaction score
I just purchased a grille from American Trucks. The product came in and looked great but after 2 hours of tearing down my front end and getting the wiring harness installed with instructions that were not completely clear. I had the wire harness in and decided to test the 3 amber lights before I get his on my truck and I am glad I did. One amber light did not work. I called on 6/3/2023 and was told I might have to send pictures and also the WHOLE grille back. I asked why would I need to send the whole grille back when you can just send me another amber light. The lady said because we need to send the defective product back. Here is an idea I send you the defective light and you send me a light that works from the same grill I purchased. You put the defective light I send to you into the now empty slot you just took out. There is your defective grill and customer is HAPPY. NOPE! I will hear back wednesday 6/7/2023 (why 3 days?). I then receive an email stating that I will hear back 6/14/2023. Nobody will help me there and there. NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT! I missed the show I was wanting to put my truck in because of these asshats. I had already purchased some other items from them and they did show up great, but customer service is #1 to me and if you can’t simply send me a freaking light from a bad product then forget it. I just spent over $400 and I cannot get anybody to help or send me a refund. Thanks AT!’’’

Guys do not buy from them.

Anybody know where I can get a Rebel style grille that WORKS!

GMetal

Reaction score
Unfortunately thats standard operating procedure with most resellers. You would think they could canabalize parts from a new box and ship that back to the mfg. but thats not how Ive seen it done by many companies these days. Ive ordered parts from them and they showed up undamaged and on time.

U

User_3336

A while back, I ordered some running boards from them. Boards and brackets were in box, but no screws or washers. Instead of just sending me the missing parts, they wanted the entire package back. What logistical sense does that make (they were paying to have it sent back). After I told them I wasn't wagging them back to a UPS location, and that I'd just file a chargeback, they quickly changed their mind. Of course, the boards were made in China, and wasn't their fault for the missing parts, but its how they handled the issue (I mean, it was THEIR product, they should support it).

Users who are viewing this thread