5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don’t see Laramie’s w/Level 2 package and ORP - Do they exist?

Skidowntown

Reaction score
By now, I had thought I would have purchased a RAM, but I seriously couldn’t find what I was looking for from all zip codes around the country, and I suppose, my ask may be too picky.

I like the height that the Rebel and Laramie w/Off Road Pkg provide. Maybe I’m wasting my time and should just put a slight lift on it.

Ultimately, what I want to do is buy a darker color Laramie Sport and add the Rebel wheels. I’m wondering if the non-ORP height will look ok w/thone wheels if I level it off.

I just think that added 1” helps w/the stance and bigger wheels from the Rebel.

I’m such a novice on trucks, that I’m sure I’m making this harder than it needs to be. My brother just keeps his trucks (F150) stock and thus gets the better MPG, etc...but I think I could sacrifice a bit for that added aggressive presence.

Am I wasting my energy and should I just go after market to get my height preference?

Feedback appreciated.

Thank you!

Bulldawg23

Reaction score

Kidder

Reaction score
I have a Laramie Sport with Level 2 and ORP. Keep looking.

Skidowntown

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, you just found my truck....other than I want the roof too :)

Seriously, how did you find it!? Thank you!

Bulldawg23

Reaction score

I was actually looking at that truck about a month ago. It’s about a 12 hour drive for me and I ended up finding one exactly like it closer to me so I went with it. Mine doesn’t have level 2 but that wasn’t a deal breaker for me.

aLarge92

Reaction score
I ended up having to custom order mine to get exactly what I wanted. I searched for 4 months through every zip code and website(not joking). I'm glad I did order what I wanted, that way I'm not saying "wish it had this or didn't have that". I always heard that they will screw you over if you order but that was not the case. They didn't even make me put down a deposit so if they tried to screw me I could walk away risk free. They can't really negotiate price because they don't know what the incentives will be when the truck arrives. I was able to get %18 off sticker for a custom ordered truck, I was happy with that and felt like it was fair.
My only advice, during negotiation after you have agreed on price and before you go into the finance office. Tell them you want the best extended warranty included for free or you'll walk.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just think that added 1” helps w/the stance and bigger wheels from the Rebel.

I’m such a novice on trucks, that I’m sure I’m making this harder than it needs to be. My brother just keeps his trucks (F150) stock and thus gets the better MPG, etc...but I think I could sacrifice a bit for that added aggressive presence.
Just to clarify...the Rebel wheels are not bigger, they are the same as the base Laramie wheels at 18 inches. The Stock Rebel 10 ply tires are heavier though, and could certainly affect fuel economy.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score

So are you getting it? The granite crystal metallic color is amazing!

Skidowntown

Reaction score
I ended up having to custom order mine to get exactly what I wanted. I searched for 4 months through every zip code and website(not joking). I'm glad I did order what I wanted, that way I'm not saying "wish it had this or didn't have that". I always heard that they will screw you over if you order but that was not the case. They didn't even make me put down a deposit so if they tried to screw me I could walk away risk free. They can't really negotiate price because they don't know what the incentives will be when the truck arrives. I was able to get %18 off sticker for a custom ordered truck, I was happy with that and felt like it was fair.
My only advice, during negotiation after you have agreed on price and before you go into the finance office. Tell them you want the best extended warranty included for free or you'll walk.

I’ll probably do this.

1. How long did it take you to get the truck, and what’s your set up, if you don’t mind me asking.
2. How did you insure that they didn’t bury the cost of that extended warranty somewhere else?
So are you getting it? The granite crystal metallic color is amazing!

It’s missing ONE thing. I gotta have the moonroof. Everything else about it is exactly what I want.

Users who are viewing this thread