5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doggie freaking out

CMENT

Reaction score
d01f2bf15f5a921774622bab5e334f61.jpg
1c6bd37d090ac1d6c21b69e4265519b5.jpg

My DD”s. Male is the shaggy one at 15yo and the fm is 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swayse

Reaction score
Could be whistling from the active air dam, which you could try temporarily disconnecting (so it doesn't drop) - assuming you don't have the air suspension.
I’ll try anything. Thanks.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definite has to be something related to rolling mass. I would consider (if she will take it) putting some ear plugs in her to see if she still acts like that or not, so you can see what sense is affected. If she don't act crazy with ear plugs in, it probably is something she smells or sees, or just the nature of the ride itself.

Doggie Bella: IMG_20180209_133946878.jpg

Swayse

Reaction score
Gotta love doggie pics. I bought a sound analyzer app, I’ll do some playing around with it this weekend. Truck goes in for window tint tomorrow, but she’ll be riding with me in my Cummins until we get this figured out.

Attachments

• F4CDE03C-B957-4CF7-A889-3DB5EEFDE670.jpeg
    F4CDE03C-B957-4CF7-A889-3DB5EEFDE670.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 45
  • E2A24708-4D7C-4807-836D-85497190254A.jpeg
    E2A24708-4D7C-4807-836D-85497190254A.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 45

pitboss000

Reaction score
Little help here guys. My border collie loves rides, she’s as happy as can be in my 2500 Ram. But, not in the 1500 Ram, she barks, whimpers, and howls, she wants out very badly. Active noise cancellation has the mics depinned, this didn’t help. I’m at a loss here, she’s never acted this way, not even in my mustang that was loud enough to wake the dead.

Strange to see this. My dog has acted weird in the new truck. No noises - she just goes under the hammock and hides under the rear seat. But only when I'm moving. When slowing to stop (below 15 or so) it's off to the races! She owns all 3 rear windows and can't pick her favorite! As soon as I start going she's back to hiding. Never did this in my 2016.

My Abby - 2yr old Parsons Russell.

abby.jpg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is fine too..................but prefers the rear floor over the back seat..................and he is very sensitive to noise. Won't ride in any Diesel, even our Diesel pusher.....
View attachment 27449
Yeah, I have always rode my dogs on the floor because it's safer for them. The big flat floor was the main reason I bought the Titan 15 years ago and stayed with it until Ram came out with a true flat floor without a tool corral in the way. I just fold up the seats and away we go. My dogs have always been prima doggas, however, and don't like hanging their heads out the window. :D

Swayse

Reaction score
Strange to see this. My dog has acted weird in the new truck. No noises - she just goes under the hammock and hides under the rear seat. But only when I'm moving. When slowing to stop (below 15 or so) it's off to the races! She owns all 3 rear windows and can't pick her favorite! As soon as I start going she's back to hiding. Never did this in my 2016.

View attachment 27448
Cool doggie!! Sounds like your doggie is uncomfortable as well while moving. I’m starting to think it’s the radar in the windshield. My mustang had this radar cruise control as well, but it was in the front grill instead of mounted to the windshield.

Wonder which fuse I need to pull?

pitboss000

Reaction score
Cool doggie!! Sounds like your doggie is uncomfortable as well while moving. I’m starting to think it’s the radar in the windshield. My mustang had this radar cruise control as well, but it was in the front grill instead of mounted to the windshield.

Wonder which fuse I need to pull?

Thanks! She is cool. Loads of energy too, wears me out! I don't have the adaptive cruise so can't help you. Thinking it's the ANC - I do have that "back window open" sound but I'm used to it now. They say cracking a window cancels it but... still sounds like a window open lol. Haven't contemplated disconnecting it though since she's calm while we're moving.

Maconi

Reaction score
It might be related to the holes/gaps people are finding (hole in the driver-side firewall, grommets not being installed correctly, rear of cab being sealed poorly, etc.). Might benefit from sealing some of those up to reduce possible high frequency noise.

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score

View attachment 27448
Nice lookin pup. Mine don't seem to mind the truck. IMG_20190505_114906.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread