5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dog hair

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have any time proven tricks on getting pet hair out of carpet? I have a couple dogs that I keep caged up but they both shed and hair still gets everywhere. I cannot find a vacuum hose attachment that will help easily unseat the hairs that get stuck in the carpet fibers while still retaining adequate suction power.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
I vacuum up as much as I can then use a lint roller to get the stubborn hair out.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have any time proven tricks on getting pet hair out of carpet? I have a couple dogs that I keep caged up but they both shed and hair still gets everywhere. I cannot find a vacuum hose attachment that will help easily unseat the hairs that get stuck in the carpet fibers while still retaining adequate suction power.
Lint roller or wrap some duct tape around your hand (sticky side out obviously).

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Autogeek sells a rubber brush designed for it. Brush and vacuum at the same time, have not found a better removal solution.....Tuxmat is the best preventative measure.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish I took a before picture today before I tried to suction all the hair out. It took a good hour solid and a lot of sweat. I only got like 90% of the hairs and it drove me bonkers.

JRD

Reaction score
its overkill, but the only thing that removes my German shepherds hair from carpet is a steam cleaner. I have a small handheld not much bigger than a handheld vacuum. it was like $50 if my memory serves me correctly

kjn86

Reaction score
Had the same problem a while back and did some research. Got to these two tools which are both very effective. The other methods above are also good, of course. Just vacuuming is not as you know.

See https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042B4B3U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003465G9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tend to use the brush more because there isn't much embedded hair. But in my wife's van, for example, there was more hair deeply embedded and the stone was better. Watch out for scratching plastic with the stone though. It does.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought that rubber brush. That looks like it will work well around the corners and tight areas. I would think the rubber bristles won't scratch the plastic trim too.
Had the same problem a while back and did some research. Got to these two tools which are both very effective. The other methods above are also good, of course. Just vacuuming is not as you know.

See https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042B4B3U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003465G9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tend to use the brush more because there isn't much embedded hair. But in my wife's van, for example, there was more hair deeply embedded and the stone was better. Watch out for scratching plastic with the stone though. It does.
Been

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I just bought that rubber brush. That looks like it will work well around the corners and tight areas. I would think the rubber bristles won't scratch the plastic trim too.

Been
It also will not wear down the carpet nap too much over repeated use. I use the stone on customer cars, it's more aggressive, but would not want to use it weekly on my vehicles.
T

Reactions: Jtr

Ramgoose

Reaction score
I have two shedders and one is Snow White , 120 pounds and he loves riding in the Rebel. I don’t even mess with the shop vac anymore. I open all the doors, put everything away and use the leaf blower. Works best I’ve found.

Attachments

• 3FDED094-185B-46A5-9F4F-1D7F66118CEB.jpeg
    3FDED094-185B-46A5-9F4F-1D7F66118CEB.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 23

MJS005

Reaction score

These are pet hair removal sheets. Works like wrapping tape around your hand, but they are each like 8 1/2 X11 sheets so it doesn't take as long to get the whole carpet/seats done. Makes a big difference in keeping up with all the hair.

Raydar

Reaction score
I blundered into this by accident, while cleaning a carpet, three trucks ago.
If you are one of those people who does mechanical stuff, and you use blue nitrile gloves, give those a try.
Put on the glove and just wipe across the carpet. The dog hair will just pull up, and roll up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online